Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger

Cape Horn: The best there ever was?

Discussion in 'General Trawler Discussion' started by Jasra, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Thomo5150

Thomo5150 New Member

I think when you posted " seems like what goes around comes around" has been interpreted that way. If your written words have been taken in the wrong context fair enough. You have now corrected that error.
    It does sound like the last owner wanted to do things his way and not take potential customers feedback. Not a smart business plan.
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

The expression of joy or karma or anything similar over the death of some one is sick. How one can possibly equate someone refusing to build what they wanted to be evened out by the persons death is beyond my comprehension.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Would also not be a smart business plan once a brand was established within a price range to then try to turn a Cape Horn brand into a Feadship. Taking on such a project is often how builders do destroy themselves. I would probably have been rude as well to someone coming and telling me that the way I built was lousy and if I wanted to do business with him I had to go look at how a real boat was built and copy it. In fact, we don't even know that he was rude. Doubt that he actually said "Go screw yourself" as implied. But imagine he did indicate he wasn't interested.
  4. Thomo5150

Thomo5150 New Member

There's nothing taking and established design and adding higher spec items, as long as the customer is willing to pay.

If you order a CNC machine from China everyone thinks inferior quality etc. when you deal with a manufacture the are happy to upgrade components if your prepared to pay the price. I was surprised to find most know European brand machines where made in China, and I could buy the same machine without the European name tag on it.

Look at the NED 70 yacht brief. High speed, good fuel economy, minimum draft, blue water cruising. Everything the customer asked for went against the standard excepted yacht design. Lucky the designer took the challenge up and gave the customer what he wanted. That's what happens when you think outside the box.