Click for Walker Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Cross

Cantieri San Marco MY M25 75m

Discussion in 'Unique, Custom or New Yachts' started by spiro55455, Apr 7, 2013.

1. spiro55455

spiro55455 New Member

The Tim Heywood designed yacht was under construction at the Cantieri San Marco in La Spezia. The yacht left the Italian shipyard unfinished and with an unknown destination in the fall 2012. The first port of call was Gibraltar and it was believed that the yacht would be taken to Northern Europe or America for completion. But what was supposed to be only a short stop turned out to be the yacht’s final destination: According to a report by Dailymail.co.uk the unfinished yacht is a project by Monaco Yachting and Technologies (MY&T),

She is on her way to Netherlands or Germany some say even for scrap.

Any news?
  2. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

If they wanted her to be scrapped, wouldn't it be cheaper to tow her to say India or Pakistan and such?
  3. spiro55455

spiro55455 New Member

Does anyone know what is here final destination,the tug Luna A was thuging her to north Germany or Netherlands?
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I just heard the other day that the ICON facility in Harlingen was it's destination as previously planned.
  5. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

According to her AIS, Rendsburg Germany, eta the 22nd, but I don't know if Luna A is still towing the casco?
  6. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Apparently she will be completed by Nobiskrug. Does anyone have news on a possible launch window? Also, this may have been discussed elsewhere but what happened to her sister?
  7. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

According to David's website she actually left Nobiskurg today and is still in the same pitiful, uncompleted condition when she arrived at Nobiskrug 18 months ago. So there was no work done.
    Anyway she is now supposedly enroute to the Netherlands, so they try to complete her there?

I do not see her listed for sale by any broker... so I wonder what's going on with her.
  8. German Yachting

I really wonder what is going on with her and her sister. I feel she will never be completed such as project Z which is currently in Washington.
  9. rd77

rd77 New Member

10. German Yachting

Yup, there's a photo of her at the Icon yard now.
  11. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

So at the end K1W1's assumption was correct?
  12. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hardly an assumption, this info came out of the jungle drums aka The Yachting Business
  13. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yes that's what I meant. Did not expect that such a small detail would cause trouble. Everybody knows that you are part of the industry and nobody would cast doubt on you credibility. Nonetheless my post did apparently not do justice to you sorry.
  14. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

I was not commenting on that aspect.

The words assume and assumption have been mentioned to me as risky to use as the former makes an ass out of u and me- not something the client I was speaking with was really interested in.

I had heard about it from someone who had some contact with an involved party.
  15. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

16. German Yachting

17. mediterannean

mediterannean Member

Last year we were reading for a long-legal dispute btw the initial owner and the builder( MYT).
    Can we assume a solution is found ,so that Icon has been selected to starts the outfitting?