Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Burger

Bump & Roll - Can You Identify the Westport 130 ??

Discussion in 'Westport Yacht' started by AffrayedKnot, Jul 15, 2012.

1. AffrayedKnot

AffrayedKnot Senior Member

This (video link below) was shot in St. Tropez: early July 2011. The contributor started shooting after the two vessels "kissed" good-bye.

St Tropez super yachts crash - YouTube

The dark hull is easy enough to identify as the Rodriquez 38 "Odyssey". But what about the Westport 130... Which one is it ???

I've pulled a couple stills off of the video that may help. And, a shot of the resulting busted lip, from a rough kiss.

Attached Files:

2. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Based on the flag and not having a hardtop, I can only guess that it is either the 2004 Arms Reach or the 2005 My Colors. Very few 130's have no hard top. The video is not so clear to tell and both does not have the name written on the stern.

Cheers,
    Alfred
  3. AffrayedKnot

"Arms Reach" could be the best direction here Alfred. It's the only MI flagged, soft-top 130 Westport I can find presenting the name on the stern only, and not on the sides. "My Colors" sports its multi-colored name on either side of the vessel.

However, all the photos I can find of Arms Reach, show her with a single SAT dome. The video vessel has two (2).

Do you or any member or reader have recent photos of Arms Reach with the addition of a second SAT dome?
  4. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Both had a later upgrade in sat domes.
  5. AffrayedKnot

Alfred... You have a vast and unique knowledge of these vessels.

All the strings seem to match for this to be Arms Reach, in the video.

Would you also happen to know if she was in the Med last July? All of her charter adverts limit her to the Carib. However, these too may be as dated as her posted photos.

You are a credit to this Forum Alfred, Thank You.
  6. captholli

captholli Senior Member

My vote is "My Colors as she is a Marshall Isl flag vessel and she's been in the Med the last three summer seasons (but not this one) the position of the KVH mini V-sat dome aft and up on the mast was installed by Johnson electronics and machinery in Jan.2007 and looks correct being that it was installed during the transition from "Infinnity" to "My Colors" as I was the Engineer aboard for the tranistion in Palm Beach and know the mast lay out well. It is strange though that the multi colored name boards dont stand out in this photo as the owner intended since he owned Pantone corp for forty years hence the name "my Colors"
  7. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Thank you very much for the complement! I am a Westport fan and a bit more I guess. I agree with CaptHolli, My Colors name board is better seen at night and I wonder why it does not stand out in day light, there is a video floating around the web of her at dock and while the cam goes very close by its port side you can barely make out the name. I have no Idea about the charter regions of Arms Reach.

Cheers,
    Alfred
  8. AffrayedKnot

Confirmed:

GODSPEED - 3 weeks prior to her demise in southern Italy.
  9. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Hi there,

Well done tracing it, it was a nice boat, losing it is a shame!

How are things going between you and "Odyssey"?

Cheers,
    Alf
  10. AffrayedKnot

Other than resolution to the liability issue, her current circumstance continues true to her name.

Thanks Alf, for your interest and guidance through this journey.