Click for Mag Bay Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for Burger

Bought an '04 375, figuring it out...

Discussion in 'Cruisers Yacht' started by 30West, Nov 16, 2016.

1. 30West

30West Member

320 hours in 12 years, virtually no wear on the interior, some wear from docklines on the outside, and chalky finish. It didn't get much use, but didn't get much maintenance either it looks like. I just replaced the original impellers! The engines and everything below look like new, the interior looks like it came out of a time capsule.

It has a lot of minor issues, stuff like that I don't mind dealing with, 12 years worth of minor issues, but pretty much everything works.

This one has Mercruiser 8.1s Horizon engines, I was looking for these over diesel, I expect to be spending most of my time at low speeds going to the beach, watching sunsets, cruising locally.

Wife, son, and I drove it from Georgian Bay around the top of Michigan to Holland, 30 hours in three days. Two days of what was reported as 3-5 foot waves, seemed worse at times, but this boat did well on a slow plane.

I grew up working at marinas, but it has been 30 years, so I'm re-learning a lot. The trip around Michigan was a big one, had a blast, but very nervous. The boat is in heated storage now, I'll be chipping away at a lot of projects over the winter.
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

Welcome to YachtForums. I've found Cruisers Yachts to be well built and more than suitable for their intended fair weather use. They do a good job with fit and finish and most of their models make excellent use of interior spaces. Good luck with your new boat.
  3. 30West

30West Member

Thank you, every positive thing I hear about Cruisers has me a little less wondering what I was thinking. I grew up around a lot of boats (decades ago), hung out with my wife's family on their big Sea Rays, but never heard of Cruisers before. Wife and I started looking for a ski boat, kind of kept going bigger with Formula or maybe a Sea Ray.

I travel a lot overseas, decided my wife would never hang out without me on a boat without a salon, quickly found this boat in Canada in an obscure ad, perfect family boat at a killer price. It isn't quite a yacht or a speedboat, it is hard to find a forum with other owners of similar boats, so I'm glad this sub-forum has started up. Hopefully there will be other owners to compare notes with.

I do all my own maintenance, and I like to take lots of pictures as I go, so I'll contribute if anyone wants to talk boat systems or maintenance.

My first task after the 30-hour drive home around Michigan, 12-yr-old impellers. This finally failed a week after getting home, idling away from my dock on a calm day. Sure glad it didn't fail out in the middle of Lake Michigan in waves I wouldn't go out in normally. 12 years worth of basic maintenance items to do over the winter, good thing I enjoy turning wrenches.

Ridiculously oversized image removed!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2016