Click for Delta Click for Abeking Click for Comfort Click for Westport Click for Burger

Boats arriving in Mallorca

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by GrahamF, Mar 29, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

A set of pictures of the biggest yacht in Palma harbour today. The David Geffens Yacht Rising, 36.000 KW, 28 Kts, 138 meter

RS01.JPG

RS02.JPG

RS03.JPG

RS04.JPG

RS05.JPG
  2. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Some More pictures of Rising Sun

RS06.JPG

RS07.JPG

RS08.JPG

RS09.JPG

RS10.JPG
  3. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Some more from Palma harbour as of today

1. Sailing yacht Saudade, built by Baltic yachts and one of the fastes SY. I have seen her stern more often, than I like :). Still in racing mode. Hardtop removed and new permanent gennaker pole.

IMG_01.JPG

2. Sailing yacht Adele, a very beautiful example of classic design and some others which are not so important :D.

IMG_02.JPG

3. Classic Yacht Lady Georgina. A canoe stern Amels yacht from 1982 with refit in 2007, 48 meters long. The boat is in great shape.

IMG_04.JPG

4. 2003 Delta Yacht, 38 meter. I really like this trawler design.

IMG_03.JPG

5. Some more Perini Navis at Astilleros de Mallorca Shipyard. Very busy refit yard. Hard to get a slot, if not booked in advance.

IMG_05.jpg
  4. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Some more:

1. Annother example of classic yacht design combined with todays technology. The 1995, 31,5 meter Yacht Astralium. Built by Lowland Yachts in cooperation with De Vries Lentsch.

IMG_06.JPG

IMG_07.JPG

3. What does the typical (normal sized :)) charter yacht do around Mallorca, when having guests on board? Actually, hanging around on the hook and pampering its guests to the max. possible. Not to far from harbours or towns, giving the ladies the chance for a no notice shoping tour and the chef for buying fresh food. Here the 2011, 58 meter Trinity Yacht Carpe Diem with her toys deployed and tender ready to launch.

IMG_08.JPG

IMG_09.jpg
  5. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0001.JPG

Pictures from today. SY A on the hook just outside of Porto Portals. Her "tender" going in and out of the harbour.
  6. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_001.JPG IMG_002.JPG IMG_003.JPG
    IMG_004.JPG
    IMG_005.JPG

Some pictures from Thuesday: The Damen / Amels Sea Axe boats Interpid and Garcon.
  7. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_015.JPG IMG_016.JPG IMG_017.JPG

The 2015, 88,5 Meter Oceanco Yacht Infinity and we were overtaking the Baltic Yacht Saudade leaving Palma Harbour, this time in yachting mode.
  8. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_022.JPG IMG_023.JPG IMG_024.JPG
    IMG_025.JPG
    IMG_026.JPG

Here is my all time favorite, SY Athena in Palma Harbour. Could not go any closer, as there were under water construction in progress with divers in the water. They are converting this part of the harbour into Med Mooring. What a beautiful and well kept boat and with its latest price reduction "almost" a bargain.
  9. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_027.JPG IMG_028.JPG IMG_029.JPG IMG_030.JPG

The 78,43 Meter 2008 Abeking Yacht Eminence.
  10. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_032.JPG IMG_034.JPG IMG_035.JPG

Last one for today, a very nice Nordhavn 47 with an owner couple from England on long time / long distance voyage. These little but seaworthy boats are amongst the best boats for retirement at sea, for people with a "normal" amount of money.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  11. bernd1972

bernd1972 Senior Member

A friend oft mine saw the "A" about a week ago in a rather small spanisch port and told me that he considered it offending that this monstrosity dominated the small town port like a Cathedral in a 10-house-village.
    Not my discription, but I thought it was not completely inadequate to quote him... :D
  12. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_00039.JPG IMG_00040.JPG IMG_00041.JPG

That is what I would call monstrosity. SY A is IMHO just ugly and useless. But these floating "things" are an offence in the eye of any beholder. BTW., pictures from the same day. Palma has app. 360.000 inhabitans but those monsters dominate even this large harbour. These two cruise ships produce more polution than all cars and trucks together on the island of Mallorca.
  13. bernd1972

bernd1972 Senior Member

Scary! Not sure what´s worse, looking at that flaoting appartment complex or beeing aboard. And these vessels definitely dominate a whole town, from the pollution aspect to sheer size and everything. Why would anybody spent his/her holiday aboard a floating shopping mall with apartments and a theatre with parts from Disney musicals??? Just to be puked into a nice town with 2000 other 3-hour-visitors from the same ship?

Home cooked pasta and unlimited drinks for anybody who is able to make me undestand the desire to do something like that... :D

By the way, concerning "A" I didn´t quote literally as that would be really offending and i would have to wash my mouth with soap. ;)
  14. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Her tender is almost as ugly as her mothership
  15. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Saudade was built by Wally yachts.
  16. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_001.jpg IMG_002.jpg IMG_003.JPG

This was the boat, my last camera was ruined with an illegal Laser Pointer from by a bored crew member idling on the aft deck of Aglaia, a 2011, 216.54 ft Vitters yacht. New owner, new crew, new name (now called Anatta), so I can tell. The camera was easy to replace and I got lucky away but my bosun had to undergo eye surgery and had eye trouble for several weeks. Some owners have problems with tender comming to close to their boats but this a narrow part of Palma Harbour. One will always be close to someones boat.
  17. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_002.JPG IMG_001.JPG

As requested by member Lenny, some pictures and info about the Moll Vell area of the Palma Harbour. This is the most convenient located part of the Palma Yacht Harbour. Closest to the City, surrounded (within walking distance) by yacht supply companies, repair shops, yards, spare part suppliers and some of the nicest restaurants and bars of Palma. Actually, the restaurant behind the pier has some great food. If Your Chef wants to buy fresh food, exclusive beverages, etc. have him take a taxi to the Mercado Olivar in middle of the town, may be 5 to 7 minutes by car. Most of those indoor shops deliver to the boat. And for Your wife, the most exlusive and best shopping area of Mallorca is just across the street, the "Born". You picked the best place in the whole harbour for Your size of boat. Will look for Grand Cru arriving tomorrow.

Btw. long tome ago, this type of "little" Jongert was my first non "plastic" sailing yacht, I owned.
  18. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_0022_!.jpg IMG_0031_1.jpg IMG_0033_1.jpg

Watched the deloading of Grand Cru at Palma Harbour. Grand Cru was located in the last row on starboard on the dock ship and the second ship deloading under her own power. The bigger boats had to be towed out by a little Tug. As GC was waiting for her tender to be deloaded, I left the scene for Dinner. Will go back out to the Moll Vell Jetty after Dinner to get some pictures of Grand Cru in her mooring.
  19. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG

As promised, Grand Cru in her mooring box. Applaus to You Lenny, a well kept and perfectly maintained boat. Really looks like new. And Grand Cru has a very nice crew, I must say. To bad, it was to dark for front quarter shots, will make them on Monday, if weather permits.
  20. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG
    Here are the front quarter shots. Again Lenny, very nice boat !!!