Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay

Boat Avatars

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Apr 1, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I'm testing Avatars on the site, prior to uploading new banner ads coming from Westport, Lazzara, Westship, Hatteras and others.

If you have an Avatar, go ahead and upload it. If the system cavitates, I'll work on it until the props hook up.

Carl
  2. fish

fish New Member

worked fine for me Carl, thanks.

Fish
  3. YachtForums

Hi Fish!

Thank you for uploading your avatar. Nice to see you online. Where have you been?

Carl
  4. fish

fish New Member

work has been getting in the way of more enjoyable things. Heading to the bahamas next week though, will take camera and post anything that might be interesting.

fish
  5. YachtForums

I see John B. turned his Azimut into a pocket picture. Looks nice. What about the rest of you guys?

If you need help, e-mail me a picture you want to use and I'll convert it and upload it for you.

Carl
  6. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

My favorite "dictator"!

Which to choose? :D

Attached Files:

7. YachtForums

The many faces of responding to questions under pressure, or absurd questions that have to be addressed diplomatically. Personally, I like the game show host picture (your avatar)! :D
  8. YachtForums

Nahhh... I take that back. I like the... "we're this close to finding "Weapons of Mass Destruction" picture.
  9. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Real message,...

..., was how big Iraq's, er,.., ah,..., well, never mind.
  10. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

My present Avatar is a design I made back in -98. She is not built and has until now remained in the deep of my computer. Sometimes I wish all designs remained unbuilt a couple of years to see if they will stand the time. Today I think this one could still be built without regret... ;)

Attached Files:

11. YachtForums

Stand the test of time? That design is timeless! Easily one of the best looking yacht's I've ever seen.

You've struck a balance of all the desired elements. A covered flybridge (that doesn't look like an after-thought), a raised pilothouse with an aft-deck, and a main deck that ties-in and supports the overhead structures harmoniously. In particular, I like an expedition bow that blends into a euro-transom. And someone finally made the windows flow with the structural elements. You've even incorporated a sunroof into the the hardtop! Simply outstanding work!!

I think this design would not only stand the test of time, it's destined to become an industry standard. I hope one of the manufacturers on our site picks up on this and contacts you. :)
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks a lot! Anyone is welcome of course, the GA is in place as well... :)
  13. YachtForums

By the way AMG, you're automatic e-mail notifications are being kicked back to our server with a "550 mailbox unavailable" error. If you can correct this from your end, great. Otherwise, disable auto-notifications in your user profile.

Thanks!
  14. YachtForums

One more thing...

Do you have any more artwork on this, like deck lay-outs? If you can put a short story together about the features, proposed equipment, hull design, etc., I'd like to make this a front page story on YachtForums.
  15. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

A triple-decked "Expedition" yacht - how timely, yet timeless.
    Yes, that is an extremely relevant design.
    Would you build aluminum or steel?
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thank you for asking, I have not really thought of it but I think you can build her both in steel, alu or GRP.

As she is intended to be a displacement yacht cruising 12-14 knots, I would suggest a steel hull including main deck, and a composite superstructure on the two top decks. That will give strength, good weight distribution and "no-blister" maintenance... ;)