Click for Horizon Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Frigibar Click for DeAngelo

Bluewater yachts?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by robsides, Feb 15, 2010.

1. David&Leigh

David&Leigh New Member

Hi Steve. I'm just seeing your post now. Lol. I'm slow on checking the forums. We are in Marina Beau Chene. Is yours the Bluewater across from Friends? We would love to connect with fellow Bluewater owners in the area.
    Regards,
    David
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

You want to see the size and amount of blades on your old props and WOT rpm, consult a good propellor shop like frank and jimmy's in fort lauderdale and they will be able to easily figure out where to go from there and get you new ones.
  3. David&Leigh

David&Leigh New Member

Current props are 17" dia. 4 blade. Not sure about pitch. They've been patched at least twice before and they are warped (can see that when looking at them from the side and turning the prop). With these current props I could not achieve more than 3600 rpm at WOT. And there was some vibration when pushing over 2400 rpm.

While the boat is out the water, I measured the waterline length and beam and draft depth. The lift had a gauge which gave us the weight (31,800 lbs). Using an online calculator, it indicated 18" props with 12" pitch for a four blade prop.
  4. David&Leigh

David&Leigh New Member

I'm going to see what the boat yard's prop guy comes up with. They are evaluating it as well.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I would stick with the same diameter you had, to work the math you also need your gear reduction......you also NEED your current pitch. Then just subtract pitch.
  6. David&Leigh

David&Leigh New Member

Gear reduction is 1.9:1.