Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta

Bertram 42 mark ll

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by Kenny's Toy, Jan 18, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Kenny's Toy

Kenny's Toy New Member

Hi I was wondering in what year did the 42 convertible change to mark ll and what where the changes ? any change to the deadrise of the hull ?
  2. todd

todd Member

b42

when you say mk 2 I am not sure they did such a boat, mine is a 1985 and that model came in around 1984 , with the main difference being the teak interior, as far as I am a wear ,the hulls the same right through, I love mine, built like a tank, very serviceable all parts available, just got new hatches from becksons, new taps from delta, all the same just new bolt straight in no hassels,makes life easy
  3. Maderia

Maderia New Member

Beckson Hatches for 42 Bertram

I was wondering what size of hatches you bought for your B42. I have an 87 model same boat as yours and wanted to replace my hatches. My year did not come with any hull windows in the stateroom, looking at adding one of those.
    Thanks
  4. todd

todd Member

b42

Hi, I used the standard size ,as in the same you would have in the forward cabin,they were from becksons,great to company to deal with , they have a great web site that shows you how to identify the model you have, all very easy, the deck hatches I am having custom made to order by clue hatches here in NZ if you like I can let you know how it works out,photos etc, I cant see that yours would be any different so a pattern of mine should fit yours,I cant wait to have some clear glass instead of the fiberglass , let me know if I can be of any help,
  5. Maderia

Maderia New Member

B42 Hatches

I would love to see how your hatches look after they have been installed. Can you post some pictures when you have completed your installation. I previewed the Beckson web site and found it very interesting. Thanks