Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Westport

Bermuda Triangle/UFO/Paranormal stories?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by VikHatBer, Nov 23, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. VikHatBer

VikHatBer New Member

Why don't you put a couple of your best stories in narrative form? I would enjoy reading about this subject. There are some things out there that we have all seen, and there are some who have spent a lifetime on the water and have seen little or nothing. How can a GPS do "wierd things"?

I have seen a compass spin twice, both times we were either en route to or leaving Nassau for Chub Cay. Funny, huh? One of the times not only did the compass spin, but the gauges went haywire, going back and fourth. During the latter storm, I saw a storm cloud literally pick up shop and jump 3 miles with one revolution of the radar. I was spooked because the cloud was the same size, shape, etc. Instead of being behind us on the radar screen, it was now in front of us.
  2. stevenpet

stevenpet New Member

The Adventure of Youth

When I was a kid, about 10 years old, a friend took me along to their family reunion. It was the summer my father left for the hospital but never came back. It was a difficult summer for my young mother so I’m sure with me spending a week away was a welcome relief. For me it turned out to be the greatest adventure of my young life. With a few dozen kids to play with there was plenty to do in the mountains between the river to swim and wade in, the caves to explore and the girls to tease. It was the first time I ever slept with a girl, not that I knew what to do, but she was quite warm. Late one night after all the adults had gone to bed a dozen or so of us decided to go streaking. At around two in the morning, while we were all running around naked the sky was quickly getting light. We all stopped and looked up to see this huge fire ball cutting through the sky. It completely light up the night as bright as the sun at noon day. Just as it was passing by we began to hear a loud thundering burning sound that was loud enough we could feel it. At that moment my friends mom looked out her window and saw us naked kids all standing around, naked and looking up into the bright sky. (Like something out of a horror flick.)

I have no idea what it was but that experience has fueled my interest in astronomy, meteorology and the other sciences to this day. It did happen in the mountains of Nevada so possibly it was an experiment in Area 51 that had gone seriously wrong. The most amazing thing of all is that my friend’s mother never told on me for streaking. My parents would have beaten my bare ass had they found out.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I've only heard about it, but that sounds like ball lightning. As for your friends mom not telling on you....she probably wouldn't know where to begin and chaulked it up to a dream.:D
  4. Bernard

Bernard New Member

Mistery solved: All bars in Jamaica have back doors.
  5. brunick

brunick Senior Member

naa, that was one episode of Candid Camera ;)