Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Burger

Bahia Mar/Pier 66 - June 2005

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by YachtForums, Jun 20, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

This is...

Well, I don't know what this is! The name is Elizabeth and she's located across the canal from the Pier 66 water suites. Thought our trawler fans might enjoy...

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

And now for the grand finale...

Here's a few to jog your memory, test your knowledge and otherwise leave you totally envious...

At the Hall of Fame Marina's outer docks, this 138 footer was built by Sterling. Do you know the name?

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

This 120 footer wasn't built on the east coast or the west coast, but another coast. Do you know the builder and can you guess the name? By the way, this thing is some kind of spectacular when you get up close!

Attached Files:

4. YachtForums

Looks a little like a Sovereign or a Northcoast, but it's not. This one is a bit more difficult to identify. She's 105' long. (it's Cinderella's sister. ;) )

Attached Files:

5. YachtForums

This was a custom build by one of America's largest yacht builders. She's 118' long and was built (I think!) around 1998. The answer might surprise you. Go ahead... take a guess.

Attached Files:

6. YachtForums

This one is way-off the typical talk around here. She's 158' long and currently docked at Bahia Mar. I'll leave the name out, as this would be a give away.

Attached Files:

7. YachtForums

There is simply NO bad angle from which to view this boat. Our seasoned yacht spotters will know the answer right away. It's my favorite Lurssen and one of the best looking yachts ever built (IMO). Let's hear from some of our lurkers! Do you know the name of this yacht?

Attached Files:

8. YachtForums

And the last one...

This is "Bandido". I posted this one because... I have no idea what this is! Help!! :D :eek:

Attached Files:

9. YachtForums

OK, the thread is open. Hope to hear from you, but mostly... I hope you enjoyed the cruise! :)
  10. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Well Carl.... i was reading this as you were posting more and more photos - I kept thinking, hurry up and finish, i've gotta go out! But wow! Thanks for the ace tour! Some nice boats in all of that!

But alas, my Mrs has called and is wondering where I am, so now I've really gotta go! Thanks for tour tho! Great stuff!

:D
  11. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Well that all depends...

..on whether it's a male or a female at the helm! :eek:

Only kidding! But somebody had to say it, so i thought i might as well jump right in! :p
  12. gomaarten

gomaarten Guest

Carl, great job once again!

Post 47, I'm putting my money on Maverick (ex Polar Bear), from 1988.
  13. YachtForums

Correct! :)
  14. YachtForums

Hi Jon,

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Wish we could all get together and do a Lauderdale cruise. That would be GREAT fun!

Sorry, it took so long. The cruise was actually shorter than the upload time! :eek:
  15. YachtForums

Here's another shot of Bandido, more towards aft. I feel pretty stupid on this one. I've cruised by it a dozen times and often wondered what it was. I'm afraid it's going to be one of those ... "arghhh, I should have known that"... answers!

So... who's going to make me look IQ-less. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

16. YachtForums

Whoops, I forgot one. As a pre-curser to the super-size sport fish yachts offered by many builders today, Bob Rosciolli brought the Donzi name to the yachting industry, with the largest sport fish yachts of their era and they still top the list of the most desirable sport fish yachts in the world. This looks to be a late model Z-65...

Attached Files:

17. s7595

s7595 New Member

nice cruise, really enjoyed the photo's. for those of us who do not go to your city, what is that space looking building called, the one you noted in the background of a photo.
  18. YachtForums

That building... is a hotel. It is known as Pier 66, but it is owned by Hyatt Regency. If you ever get a chance to stay at the hotel or the marina, be sure to check out the Jacuzzi. It's outdoors, adjacent to the pool and it's huge. You could swim laps in this thing!
  19. LanaLane

LanaLane New Member

Nobody brings yachting to my desktop like YachtForums! Great review. Nice to see some friend's boats on the cruise too. By the way, you missed a boat. Where's my Westship? :p
  20. YachtForums

You should know better than me! Last time I saw her (in April) she was docked along New River where you normally keep her. Those cell towers must by frying your brain! :p

I'll try to squeeze a New River cruise in over the next couple of weeks. :)