Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Comfort

Baglietto 43-meter "Ancora" Review

Discussion in 'Baglietto Yacht' started by Yacht News, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Carl and Chuck!!! Superb writing once again, this has got to be one of my favourite reviews that you all have formulated! The interior of this yacht is just insane! Thanks again for the great reading and pictures!
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thank you Ron. For Ancora, we focused our editorial on the interior. Generally, we try focus on more technical aspects of a build due to the high level of experience among our readers. Because we really didn't have the information we needed to expand on Baglietto's technical capability, we wrote this from an artistic perspective.
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

In the case of a yacht like Ancora this approach totally worked. Her interior is what sets her apart from the pack. It's truly remarkable looking, and a pretty giant leap from the "traditional" yacht interior we often see.

Kudos guys.
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I totally agree Kevin. She may look like any of the other Baglietto 43-meters out there but her interior is radically different in many ways. On many yachts there is a central theme but that theme always seems to stray as we go from public/private space to space. On "Ancora" the central theme was the use of Zebrano, Makassar, and African brown Marble if I remember correctly. Even though these main material were used throught the vessels interior it was in little way overdone or overpowering. Very good balance with the white marble, carpet and other materials.

One thing that caught my eye that I MUST mention are those white slender planters abiding along one of the walls of the Main Saloon. First time I have seen those very containers being used and actually makes me wonder if the owner got the idea from the planters that are on the aft Sun Deck of Celebrity Solstice Class of ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, hull 4, hull 5)

For visual interest:
    Photo by Sarahleetravels on Flickr
    3746220498_758ca5d09a.jpg

5__ANCORA_-_Salon_Entry.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009