Click for MotorCheck Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service

azimut atlantis 50 owners check in

Discussion in 'Azimut Yacht' started by TopGunOne, Jul 16, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. TopGunOne

TopGunOne New Member

Well just pulled the trigger a purchased a 2015 atlantis 50 open. Anybody else? So far usual issues, but love the boat! Looks great, runs great! Layout works for me especially just coming out of a 50 SR sundancer.

Now who's out there? I've learned a lot in the month I owned her. No books, to web, no one from Azimut, and forget about MM.
  2. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Like these new Atlantis 50 (48). They run good with average HP. Main deck is a bit open but works so well if used in Summer hot months.

Cummins 600hp (normal engines) should be reliable.

I know of a 48 (one of the first builds) which is one of the most wanted local charter boats, and seems to not miss a beat.
    The hull of these Atlantis should be better to the old 47/50s dryier and a more solid ride.
  3. TopGunOne

TopGunOne New Member

The hull is dry and no pounding, landings are soft and I've already been out in bigger seas than the SR. QSC 600 really pull the boat jumps on plane and full used is not much more than the qsc 500 I had. Now the problems all the portholes leak and the hot water heater keeps tripping the breakers. Oh well it's a boat! IMG_0451.JPG
  4. Liam

Liam Senior Member

- Hot water heater I would start checking the cylinder filament, that is what makes it trip in 9/10 cases.
    - Water leak? Is it the opening port holes? If yes are they leaking from i) outside the frame, or when they are ii) closed by the gasket?

If it is (i) (a common occurrence in new boats) u need to re-seal.
    If it is (ii) you need to re-gasket.
  5. Liam

Liam Senior Member

btw Nice Sport Yacht or how you call them in the big apple Express ;)
  6. cjasonbullock

cjasonbullock New Member

Thinking about buying a 2015 or 2016. Any updates on your ownership experience the last two years? They seem like a great boat, but main concern is 600hp is not enough for size.

I appreciate any insight you have.
  7. Tom Vendel

Tom Vendel New Member

Any have any bridge clearance info for a 2012 Azimut 50 Atlantis? Can’t find it anywhere online.
  8. Salih Toros

Salih Toros New Member

The heating element needs replacement probably. Its under the bed in the double guest cabin.
  9. Salih Toros

Salih Toros New Member

Mine is a 2008 Atlantis 50.
    Does anyone know where is the access to the vaccum Pump for the main-cabin WC ?
    Thanks