Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service

Aquascan Jet RIB

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by CPT2012, Dec 11, 2013.

1. CPT2012

CPT2012 Member

Anybody has feedback on Aquascan jet tenders ? Saw them at the FLL boat show and drove by their office, but there's not much info out there from real owners. They come with the Yamaha engine, which make them interesting from a maintenance point of view, if you're going to compare them with the other jet RIB options available.
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I agree on the lack of information from real owners. We have looked at them online and in person. The one we find most interesting and intriguing in their diesel. Their smallest diesel is slightly smaller than the smallest Williams but also has an interesting layout.

The Yamaha engine is a bit of a negative based on those I've talked to with other jet tenders using Yamaha. The maintenance issues were much like you experience on PWC's. However, that is past and maybe the application is better now. Now some would say the Yamaha has an advantage since there are so many people who do work on Yamaha units.

I do like some of their arrangements a great deal. Hope to actually be able to test one sometime. If we do, I'll certainly report it in this thread. But at this point I know no one who has owned one.
  3. HKMD

HKMD New Member

I was looking at buying a 2009 F 11.. youtube shows handling really well... does anyone know the maintenance issues now... Has a 4 stroke 115HP Yamaha engine/ also can it be kept in the water with appropriate flushing? AND BOTTOM CLEANINGS!?
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

No, keeping it in saltwater would eat the jet alive fairly quickly IMO. The Yamaha waverunner jets aren't really designed for that. IMO, the engine Williams uses (weber I think) is far superior than the Yamaha which is designed to push a waverunner. I maintained a couple of 2006 and 2009 Yamaha 4 stroke waverunners and they had a lot of issues.