Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

Anybody lost about 15' of chain in Coconut Grove?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Pascal, Nov 13, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Picked this up at some point over the last few days... 15' of chain and a piece of line. I suspect it was when leaving the shallow water dock after fueling as I heard a slight knock. The suction must have pulled the line off the bottom and the chain followed No vibration at hull speed despite the unbalanced mass!

Biscayne bay is still full of floatsam, sunken or beached boats and masts ...

IMG_6765.JPG
  2. 30West

30West Member

Ouch, good thing there wasn't an anchor involved. Did you have to pull your prop to untangle it?
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

No but I wanted both props checked. So much trash everywhere here I ve developed a small vibration at speed. Neither have any apparent damage besides the scratches from the chain

A few years back while backing into a slip with the 70 I used to run, I picked up a chuck of concrete about a cubic foot with wires, rebar and conduits sticking out. Big Bang, locked the shaft but no damage. Funny thing is that I had been backing into that same slip for a couple of years
  4. starkcasey

starkcasey Guest

yes, please tell that did you pull your prop to untangle it?
  5. GhostriderIII

GhostriderIII Senior Member

Someone sending a message?