Click for Glendinning Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn

Amels finishes 65m yacht refit...

Discussion in 'Amels Yacht' started by Yacht News, Feb 3, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Amels Refit of 65-meter Classic

AMELS recently completed the Re-building of a classic 68.5-meter motor yacht launched in Italy in 1991. The initial assignment for AMELS Refit Department was to make some interior changes, significantly alter the exterior, and refurbish machinery and systems. Midway through the refit, the owners, already pleased with the refit progress, requested more work, which in total required nearly 18 months to complete.

AMELS dedicated Refit Department made structural changes, including the important reinforcement of hull scantlings to accommodate new zero-speed stabilizers. The sun deck structure was also modified to add new sun beds, a shaded dining area, and a Jacuzzi, and all new teak decking was laid down. AMELS also did unusually extensive work to the luxury areas and crew accommodations.

A thorough mechanical and electrical refurbishment included addition top-of-the-line audiovisual/entertainment and IT systems. The yacht was re-painted from top to bottom, and returned to her owners in pristine condition.

Jim Alabaster, owners' representative for the project reported: "I am extremely happy with the work, which was carried out to the highest possible standards. I am also impressed with the skills of the people involved. The refit managers were exemplary in making sure that the work was done as planned, and as promised-on time and on budget. I am absolutely delighted!"

For more information:

Amels Shipyards,
    P.O Box 84/ 4380 AB Vlissingen,
    Koningsweg 2/4381 NA Vlissingen,
    The Netherlands.
    http://www.*****************

***​

Attached Files: