Click for YF Listing Service Click for Comfort Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Mulder

Air conditioner condensation? 50 Post

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by rjsc5, Jul 23, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. rjsc5

rjsc5 New Member

On a 1996 50 Post, does the AC condensation drain overboard or into the bilge?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.
  2. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

In my ancient Post, the condensate drain is teed into the AC water outlet. Apparently a venturi effect carries the condensate overboard with the condenser cooling water.
  3. strike 3

strike 3 New Member

On my 1998 50 post the ac drains into shower pump
  4. sigarn

sigarn Member

I would bet it drains into the shower sump. Thats were all my units drain into on my 53. I highly doubt it would just drain into the bilge.
  5. rjsc5

rjsc5 New Member

Thank you for your help.
  6. sigarn

sigarn Member

Im not sure where the sump is on a 96 - 50, but the lines are normally 1/2" and they come into the top of the sump lid on many models.
  7. AltonAimar

AltonAimar New Member

1986 46' air handler in cabinet forward of the Salon dinette, under the Bow Bench seat. Can anyone tell me where the condensate drain is located? Lots if cindensate running into upper bunk in guest S/R.
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Try to follow the hose. You could try blowing the drain out with water or air. At that age it is also highly possible the drain hose is split somewhere.
  9. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

I have an 84 43. I think our Salon AC setup is very similar. Mine has clogged before coming into the upper bunk. Mine has a small access panel over the upper bunk. About 6-8 screws and it comes out. I have a white hose, with a Tee that connects the AC condenser for the side stateroom. Disconnect the hose from the T and blow into the hose going up to the salon drain. Should see junk and a bunch of water come back out. Hope this helps.
  10. prestonannaj

prestonannaj Guest

My post 46’ 1986 salon a/c condensation drain hose runs down the starboard side to the drain pipe that run down that side. It will get clogged where the hose meets the pvc pipe that runs down the side to the aft.