Click for Walker Click for Burger Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Burger

Admiral Yachts become Mariotti Yachts

Discussion in 'Admiral Tecnomar Yachts' started by Yacht News, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

While looking for news on Admiral Yachts last week I was dumbfounded as to why I could not find the website that I was so accustomed perusing. The site had been taken out of service, so I thought, well, they must be upgrading the website. Then what do you know a few days later I found out that they have become Mariotti Yachts, which of course is part of the well known commercial shipyard of T.Mariotti in Genoa, Italy. So the new brand will be wholly owned by the parent company.

"Mariotti Yachts is a Company of T.Mariotti, a Shipyard founded in 1928, world leader in the field of Ultra Luxury Shipbuilding. Mariotti Yachts presents a portfolio of projects from 54m to 80m long to be completed with full custom interiors. For Yachts over 80m Mariotti Yachts Team works on projects completely designed in accordance with the Owner’s desire."

http://www.mariottiyachts.it/
  2. geriksen

geriksen Senior Member

Wow, that is an extremely well done video on that website.
  3. Yacht News

Well when I posted that, the video was not there, so obviously they are working on the website. Yes the video looks nice...
  4. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Sorry to tell you YachtNews but you have wrong news.

Mariotti and Admiral (better known as Cantieri Navali di Lavagna or CNL) started a coperation for building Super Yachts above 50 metres in 2006 if I remember well. This coperation resulted in the launch for the 54 metre MY Sea Force One.
    This deal has just been stopped and Mariotti will go on building Super Yachts on its own. The standard Lavagna Adimral line of custom big planning alloy yachts of 25 metres plus builds will continue. These are built to order in Lavagna (south of Genoa) and I had the occasion of seeing the yard in 1999 and 2000. I think they can build a max of 2 to 3 hulls per time at the period.

This is the PR from IBI

T Mariotti, a shipyard based in Genoa, has launched Mariotti Yachts. Mariotti has built high-end cruise ships for Silversea and Seabourn, and for the last five years it built yachts in partnership with CNL. T Mariotti recently bought out CNL's 50 per cent share in the business and relaunched it under the Mariotti Yachts brand.

The company plans to launch a range of series yachts up to 85m (279ft). In a statement, it said it can customise yachts above that size. The Mariotti shipyard includes a manufacturing facility that can handle two yachts up to 65m (213ft), and an outfitting studio for yachts ranging from 54m-85m (177ft-279ft).

Mariotti Yachts is part of Genova Industrie Navali, a holding company formed two years ago by T Mariotti and San Giorgio del Porto. The holding company now has 300 direct and 1,200 indirect workers. It says combined revenues reached €245m last year.
  5. Yacht News

So what have I said that was misleading?
  6. Liam

Liam Senior Member

The title is misleading IMO because CNL Admiral stay in there place doing what they always did since fifty years in Lavagna with the same name.

It is Admiral Mariotti which becomes only Mariotti. This brand name was used only for Sea Force One and had to be a long coperation for a fifty metres plus displacement series. Admiral had designs for a 4 metres longer sister to SF1. I dont know what will happens about this, as it is shown in the Admiral website.
  7. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

And what world does this refer too?
  8. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Hey, has somebody information about the rumored second AMY 54?
    She was scheduled for January 2012..
  9. Yacht News

Apparently the second 54-meter has been launched! She launched in February more than likely. Her name is supposed to be "Rahil".
  10. YachtFish

YachtFish New Member

And that makes three of them: An Azimut 98 Leonardo currently in Viareggio named "RAHIL", a 48m "Rahil" ex- "Flying Eagle" currently in Holland for a refit, and now this third AMY "Rahil"!

Do we have here a large family naming all their yachts "Rahil" or a rare specie of multi-yacht-collector ? Cause I never saw any "RAHIL" named yacht up for sale yet!

I just can say if this is the case, I wish there were more people like him enjoying multi-yacht private fleet ownership!
  11. Yacht News

Here is a look at the 54-meter Mariotti Yacht "Rahil" berthing in Port de Soller