Click for Walker Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander

Abramovich to build world's Largest Yacht?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Aug 28, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Talon

Talon Senior Member

But this billionaire Ruskie Roman Sergyi Abramovich, has wants for Everything and cares for nothing!!!

The problem is that he has the funds to clear a path to the direction he desires, no need for spin.
    Any media hype for him is always twisted to be positive, regardless of what the initial intent was.
  2. MaxResolution

MaxResolution Senior Member

Dumb Oil Barons

To me she looks like the worlds largest mousepad. I'm thinking first, can't we use the decks for double duty? Anyone ever visit the avairy at the London Zoo? Rather than go with the glass-bottom, I would like to have seen a dramatic interplay with the sky above. As someone said, to get light to penetrate into the depths of some of that vast interior space.

So, how do you suppose it (witholding gender) looks when they roll out the deck chairs, and attempt to make good on a shuffleboard wager? "@6:1~ she's all Yours!"

No, I don't feel at home. I feel more like a captive on a foreign missile target. Besides, in the event of a geo-financial collapse, ultimately she must be publicly-accessible, just like a Museum. That is where these dramatic diagonals belong, in a different formal glazed superstructure. I say this because, again, who benefits from 30m of unusable, truly unenjoyable, blank fore-deck?

That said, I am strongly comitted to stick with Lars' opinions about scale. At 55m, one can explore all the earth's wonderment that God could offer. And it needn't be from 7 stories up.

Ideally, she would be filled with nautical memorabilia, fine cafe's and have a permanent bridgeway accessible to tourists in downtown St Tropez, but not Monaco. {I'm voting for polka-dots over the full camo-theme.}
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I just heard on the radio this morning that Irina (formerly) Abramovich received 1 billion pounds and four homes as her settlement. Roman, in turn, got everything else and a model.
  4. MaxResolution

MaxResolution Senior Member

That does it. I'm never getting re-married.
  5. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Was the model to scale or merely voluptuous? :cool:
  6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Merely... ;)

I guess Irina doesn't like yachts... she got four homes and no mention that any of them were floating.
  7. lurker

lurker New Member

Wow, so they got divorced after all. I have a mixed feeling about the amount of compensation she got. On the one hand, she did marry him for money. There's no questions about that and she said it herself that at least she doesn't have to worry about putting food on the table. On the other hand, she's also a very capable woman and probably deserves more considering that she might have helped Roman's career quite a bit.

Well, at least she got enough to not have to worry about putting food on the table.