Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

Abramovich to build world's Largest Yacht?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Aug 28, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. KCook

KCook Senior Member

2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Not bad Kelly! :D :D

Easier to maintain and as the world looks today, who knows how future yachts will look!?
  3. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Hey, if you're big enough, you should be able to get away with anything, right? :D
  4. nano-J

nano-J New Member

Too Big?

I agree, Why not just go buy a VLCC or ULCC hull slap a square superstucture on it, paint it nautical blue and viola "mine hangs deeper than yours"! Ellison's Rising Sun is a step in that direction. Blah!

So far the most impressive is AIR since they are considering new technologies.

Here are a few ideas for you designers. Has to be displacment hull, so as not to affect watertight integrity, but what about a grand foyer with a glass bottom. You would have to raise the "tank sides" above the water level and put a big glass platform above it and underwater light it. Imagine the view in tropical waters!

Or like the honeymoon suites in Fiji, put a glass bottom at the foot of the Master bed? Imagine your own salt water dip pool that has fish that can swim right up underneath you?

Use the same concept as a raw water intake for M/Es where you can take off the inspection cover .
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi Nano,

Glass in the hull has been around for some time, one of those yachts sank by the way, but not becuase of the glass bottom they say. I have heard of another that had problems with leaking and yet another with the same problems from the underwater lighting. But of course it can be done, especially if made from the beginning.
  6. nano-J

nano-J New Member

glass bottom

steel hull that has a CL tank welded into the hull, no bottom and the tank sides that rise above the waterline, so long as you don't suction large volumes of air into the "scoop" it will naturally only match the water line of the exterior, ala bernoulli's principle...right? So long as you either baffle the inside of that tank or make it small enough that free surface doesn't come over the "tank top" it should be very easy to do right?
  7. paolo_ita

paolo_ita New Member

Octopus and LGB are equipped with a large glass window on the bottom of the yacht for the direct observation of the underwater sea life.
  8. nano-J

nano-J New Member

octopus

If a picture ever surfaces of that, I would love to see that. As a MOF.... that would make a great thread. Unique features that individual yachts have.
  9. orion

orion Senior Member

This must be something really big! :eek:

Attached Files:

10. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, almost as this one... :p

Attached Files:

11. LouLLou

LouLLou Guest

Pandora is the most exclusive super yacht design that multi billionaires should be informed with... :) This design should be promoted for sale to a famous shipyard... :rolleyes:
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks LouLLou...:)

Whoever would like to build her, as a 300 m yacht she might be a little over the top.
    Here is how she should look at 165 m...;)

Attached Files:

13. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Take away the mast on the foredeck and you could also operate a little sightseeing chopper from there :)
  14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, it could be folded back, but even without doing this I think you can land three helicopters there, at least another three on the top deck and two big ones in the back...

With another two in the garage, you can have at least ten helicopters onboard at the same time... :D
  15. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Surely then this should be classed as an aircraft carrier! ;)
  16. hufloas

hufloas New Member

17. orion

orion Senior Member

18. foundrycourt

foundrycourt New Member

Can't be many marinas in the world that will be able to berth this yacht.
  19. hufloas

hufloas New Member

I fear that just a few :(
  20. Steven H

Steven H New Member

With the owners, 50 guests and up to 85 crew onboard, the total goes up to over 130 people ... This means it's a private-owned mini-high-luxury-cruise-ship in my book. Look at sum-up of all the facilities. It's like describing a small community / village. Only the shops are missing.

Although the design (at least on the picture) succeeds in hiding its monstrous size, I guess it will not spend much time berthed in some harbour. I assume it will be achored off-shore most of the time and the owners are flown-in or brought onboard with one of the many many tenders ...

Still, Give me something smaller. My ultimate yacht, would be somthing in the 80-90mtr category with some good tenders onboard. I like the looks of rising-sun, skat, and a whole bunch of Lars's designs. ;)

Now where have I put the winning numbers for the next 10 Euro-Million drawings ? :rolleyes: