Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno

A European Spec Yacht in America?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by gcsi, Jul 17, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. captholli

captholli Senior Member

J,
    For future reference ,
    Any and all clamps, tubing, hose and any fitting imaginable are available in metric size in Ft. Lauderdale @ several retail and wholesale locations. Ingham Engineering, World Wide Metrics are two that quickly come to mind so you'll never have to scratch your head again about where to find metric fittings or compensators for one of your Mutts. As far as European extension cords, drill motors, angle grinders, pressure washers etc there's a wonderful place in Lauderdale, World Wide Voltage that can supply anything that you may need at the same price as US standard equipment. There are metric and 220 v 5o cycle equipment sales outlets pretty much anywhere a commercial shipping port is located and of course "on line" with free shipping. Hundreds of European vessels in US waters right now without a problem sourcing anything that they need.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I've never found the exhaust compensators locally. Clamps if you search hard enough. Been a while since I managed an Azimut 3-4 years, and much longer since I changed a compensator maybe 6 years. Generally the Azimut compensators tend to only last 500 hours or 5 years, give or take.