Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Delta

93 Post FW System...

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by hughdunlop, May 22, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. hughdunlop

hughdunlop Member

Would someone please be able to give me the specifications on pump and motor from factory installed 93 era domestic water system. Thanks.....
  2. Seth Fisher

Seth Fisher Member

I've got a 99 that my FW system recently failed. I have a Sta-Rite 24V pump...Looking for suggestions to replace
  3. hughdunlop

hughdunlop Member

Hey Capt. Lets see what the experts have to say.... I believe you and I will likely have entirely different systems... Good luck in your quest.....
  4. baltimore bob

baltimore bob Member

All you really need to know is GPM needed. If you do not plan to be using more than one trap at a time then 5 gpm should be more than enough. I don't know how much a clothes washer would affect this.
  5. hughdunlop

hughdunlop Member

Hi Bob....I am looking for power rating , manufacturer etc , wanting compatibility with my original pressure tank and switch...
  6. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Pumps have gotten better in a quarter century... look at the amp rating on the pump to stay close so you don't have to worry about the wiring but pressure shouldn't be a worry.
  7. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

You may need to post a pic so we know what pump you have. My 110v pump is similar to this one: http://www.poolcenter.com/p/plbc-series-pump I have bought parts for it that exactly match this pool pump.
  8. Tommy Rice

Tommy Rice Member

You can use any reputable 110v water pump with your existing pressure tank and switch providing the air bladder in your tank is OK. Also the pressure switch is adjustable for low end on and highend off settings.
    I would suggest Lowes or Home depot my pump was 1 1/2" shallow well pump. Settings were 15psi on and 40psi off. I replaced all the components to make sure of no problems in the long run.
    This is a replacement in a 1987 46' Post fresh water system.
  9. hughdunlop

hughdunlop Member

Thank You Tom...Just what I was looking for
  10. ESSRTEE8

ESSRTEE8 Member

Call Depco Pump to discuss. They are THE experts.
  11. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

15-40 PSI is WAY too much of a pressure swing for a freshwater pump on a yacht, your shower temps will vary 20F and NOT be fun......I prefer a 10 psi differential for a freshwater pump.......while the Lowe's or Home Depot route works, I've never seen them last more than 2 or 3 years on a yacht, and the yacht specific 220 volt pumps are far superior in pressure regulation.