Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning

90' Stephens Motoryacht - 1977

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by ben8668, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ben8668

ben8668 New Member

In December 1977 Stephens Brothers Boat Builders in Stockton,CA launched a magnificent 90' aluminum fantail motoryacht named "J-Mar" for the famously wealthy Fleischmann family. She was featured in many of the boating magazines at that time. I encountered her during one of my annual cruises to Nantucket Boat Basin in the early "80's, and by then she had been sold and renamed Jackabil. It was love at first site, but not until now could I ever afford her....but she's nowhere to be found. I believe that her most recent name was Columbine. Does anyone know her whereabouts?
  2. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

The Fleischman who owned that Stephens is unrelated to the Fleischmann family of yeast fame (and fortune).
  3. m2m

m2m Senior Member

I believe you are referring to the Motor Yacht Trilogy. She is chartering now and you can Google her to come up with some info. I did a bit of work on her about 3 years ago and the boat is still in exceptional condition for her age.
  4. m2m

m2m Senior Member

Sorry I spoke to quickly this boat is a Stephens design but built by Choey Lee
  5. Eaglehurst

Eaglehurst New Member

J-Mar the Stephens 90, created by Naval Architect Jack Hargrave , is now in Seattle, with the name Alexis.
  6. Wally

Wally New Member

J-Mar was designed by Jack Hargrave and built by Stephens in Stockton, Ca. Renamed Columbine she was sold to a Seattle resident in 2002. She was then renamed Alexis and had an extensive interior refit. Her owner recently passed away and she is for sale in Seattle.