Click for Walker Click for Lurssen Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Abeking

70 ft Schooner "Mandalay"

Discussion in 'General Sailing Discussion' started by jonandclare00, Jul 11, 2017.

1. jonandclare00

jonandclare00 New Member

Does anybody know anything about an Ed Dubois designed 70 foot schooner, lately called Mandalay? She was built in Hong Kong by Supercraft a while back (not sure when). She is now in the midst of a complete renovation in New Zealand. I would be really interested in any photographs of her, particularly deck and cockpit shots. I have searched the Internet without success, not a single mention or photograph. So any information at all would be gratefully received.
  2. jonandclare00

jonandclare00 New Member

manadaly.jpg The only photo I have.
  3. rcrapps

rcrapps Senior Member

That's pretty cool. Reminds me of a sweet Deerfoot I was on a few years ago.
  4. Sailor Sam

Sailor Sam New Member

Yes, nothing on google other than built in Hong Kong in 1982.I know that Mandalay schooner was hauled out in Whangarei in 2000 and ended up at westpark hard stand 2004/2005, has it been in that shed since then? Didn't look like the trade me photos, must have had lots of cabin top/cockpit modifications? have you seen her? like to know her condition now.