Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross

63 roamer electrical question

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by noogaroamer, Apr 27, 2016.

1. noogaroamer

noogaroamer New Member

My boat is in good shape but had some issues and wondered what is a sea pac and what is it supposed to do? Its located in the cabinet under the galley , looks about 6 inches square. thanks for your help
  2. noogaroamer

noogaroamer New Member

maybe I need more information, its 36ft steel hull. The component looks like a transformer and is supposed to hook to the starboard shunt
  3. KyRoamer

KyRoamer New Member

I suggest you search the forum for capac. Essentially, this unit runs a counter current through your hull to help keep it from rusting out. Dissimilar metals in the presence of a conductor, like water, act a bit like a battery ànd will degrade the metal. It's really important that it's working, especially in salt water.
  4. noogaroamer

noogaroamer New Member

I know about the the hull voltage capac system, so Im guessing the transformer powered that system. With it disconnected that system is operational, so also guessing the battery charger is powering it now. One of the problems of old boats is that its hard to know what has been changed over the years, thanks for your help
  5. KyRoamer

KyRoamer New Member

Amen to not knowing whats been changed over the years. Sorry I miss understood your post. I know how some of this older stuff gets a little sketchy.