Click for Northern Lights Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Burger

6-71 or 6-92?

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by On Liberty, Dec 9, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They both flow to the lower tank. If the bottom of the top tank is above the top of the lower tank, everything flows completely until the lower tank is full. Paper doesn't stay paper for very long either.
  2. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    In my opinion, after a while, you get a non-fluid build up at the higher tank, maybe it takes some years and ain't a real problem...

I will think about this option!
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Guess you have never had the pleasure of opening up several holding tanks to change a sendor or something.....you never see anything floating in it.....Perhaps if you just flushed a lot of toilet paper a minute ago you might see it.....but everything breaks up and drops to the bottom.......Pull out your sender and take a look!!!!! =)
  4. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    I see it, my current holding tank is transparant...;)
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Well, I had near clear poly tanks on another boat. Wish not.
    You can see stuff on the bottom and stuff floating on the top.
    I learned that holding tank treatment solutions helps a lot in keeping the floaters down and sinkers soft to get pumped out. It's a crappy world down there.

Been there, done that, it's in our name.

I have a dedicated shop vac just for sanitation work. It has extra long vacuum hoses and left outside the mini warehouse. Funny, of all my tools that WALK, that vac never moves by itself.

Thank goodness, later boats are using 1.5 inch vent lines and Dometic offers a odor 1.5" charcoal filter. A lot of our work points to over filled tanks and clogged vent lines. No matter if 5/8 or 1.5 inch, when the stuff hits the filter, all bets are off. AND, a major point of our work to correct.

Get a gallon of that blue treatment. Pour in a few ounces when your tank is emptied. It really helps.
    I usually pour in well over a pint into the head. just bump the flush button. This leaves some in the bowl & discharge line and if not trickles down, all will make the tank next flush to help down there. And then no floaters.

When you accidentally overfill the tank, the filters can be back washed and saved.

Adding more holding tanks is easy. Join the bottoms AND tops together with 1.5 inch lines. The top tank gets the vent line and the head, the lower tank(s) gets the pump out. Quality hose and clamps, Duha...
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I had a boat that they would get overfilled. The 5/8" would implode on the inside and clog, and never re-open.
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Yep, reminds me of my favorite slogan;
    Hate it when owners are onboard.