Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service

58' Predator question

Discussion in 'Sunseeker Yacht' started by bob klipstein, Apr 23, 2007.

1. bob klipstein

bob klipstein New Member

Greetings, I'm new to Yacht Forums. This looks like a great site and I'm hoping someone here has some wisdom for me on a particular question. I'm a yacht broker and I have a good customer looking to buy a Sunseeker Predator. Probably the 58. This guy has primarily owned flybridge motoryachts in the past. He is concerned about the visibility from the helm of the Sunseeker. He pictures himself having to strain to see over the bow to run the boat. If anyone here is familiar with running a 58 Predator, I'd be anxious to know what you think of the visibility from the helm. Thanks in advance for any help you may give me on this question.
  2. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Bob,
    I ran a 61 Predator and it can be awkward trying to look through the windshield if running in any kind of seas. When the wx is nice, it's great with the top open and looking over the roof line. If cruising along in flat water, no problem with visibility from the helm. But running in 2-4 or more footers with spray and the top closed, you lose visibility over the bow, and I found that I had to stand hunched over a bit. Running in the ocean with radar may not be so bad, but if running close in or inside I would be a little concerned. Need to maintain a good watch (and have a goos back). Of course you can always slow down, but it is a speed boat.
    Don't get e wrong, it's a fun boat to drive.
    Good luck
  3. acucu

acucu New Member

58 predator buying advise 1999 what to look out ofr

what are the typical issue to look out for with 1999 58 Sunseeker predators?
    any issues with the 1100 Horsepower MAN motors?

i am looking at one with just under 1000 hours.