Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service

48' OA 220V electrical service

Discussion in 'Ocean Alexander Yacht' started by seattleneil, May 6, 2015.

1. seattleneil

seattleneil New Member

I'm fairly new to this boat. At the bottom of my electrical panel is a section with 220V switches/breakers. 1 says only "220V", one is labled "220V Load" and the other 4 are for my 3 air conditioners and the AC pump.

I have only ever turned on the 4 AC related switches, and the 3 AC units work fine. Recently I realized I don't know what the other 2 switches do. My guess is that one turns on 220V and the 'load' switch not used. Perhaps it is for some optional equipment (washer/dryer?) that I don't have.

Does anyone have this kind of setup and if so what are those switches for?

Cheers,
    Neil
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

The first one could be a master breaker. Turn it off and see if you still have power to the other ones.

The one marked load could be for a dryer, stove / oven or any high amp appliance. For starter open the panel and see if that breaker is even connected, it could be a reserve breaker.
  3. seattleneil

seattleneil New Member

Thanks Pascal. That's what I was thinking. The odd thing is that the 4 AC related breakers work even when the 'master' breaker is turned off.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Not familiar with your boat, but my guess would be that the 220v switch is the master for your house electric (except the a/c's), and the 220v load turns on your meter.