Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Westport

47 Wallypower

Discussion in 'Wally Yacht' started by ataraxia, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ataraxia

ataraxia New Member

Does anybody know the approximate wait time for the construction of a new 47 Wallypower? I assume there is a substantial waiting list in addition to construction time?

Also, I've found conflicting reports on price. I've seen $770,000 US and 800,000 euros.

Thanks.
  2. mr_sunseeker

mr_sunseeker New Member

Th dollars figure is wrong, the Euros figure is near right, expect to pay a bit more that 800k Euros. I was on the 47 last year and the 70. I have seen the 118 from the outside only.

I'm yet to be impressed by the build quality of Wally. The 70 is made in a developing country "...but they are supervised by Italians". I'm not sure where the 47 is made.
  3. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

They are build in Biserte, Tunisia at Wmagic. Build quality seems to be a notorius issue at Wally. Most people discribe it as "rough around the edges". Out of politeness I will place no further comment on that issue.

There was a news article in Yacht Capital a couple of month ago that they would increase production due to the demand. Imagine what speeding up the process will do to the build quality.
  4. mr_sunseeker

mr_sunseeker New Member

Open aft design safe and practical?

Does anyone have thoughts on saftey or practicality of the aft of the Wally tender and Wally 47 since they are nearly like an unobstructed scoop for water?

The Wally 47 has a range of 500 miles which is superb. The guest cabin is not for anyone with an ego because of the shape and size you have to lay down in. When I was on the Wally 70 I noticed obvious low build quality but on the 47 it seemed good, although there isn't much to build.
  5. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

It's a flush deck which can quickly discharge water. This is a pretty commen design on racing sailing yachts.
    Since the engineroom is watertight, it's no problem when it takes water.

The 47 interior is indeed pretty much straight forward joinery work. Nothing much to go wrong here. If you like this type of boats, you could also take a look at the Itama 55. It looks a lot nicer and has plenty of interior space. The finishing is also on the regular italian level.