Click for Mag Bay Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service

45 Ocean Bow Rail

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Cap904, Jan 4, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Cap904

Cap904 New Member

Am about to remove the bow rail from our 99 Ocean 45SS. It's in great shape. Anybody need to replace theirs? It's in St Augustine, Fl.

Thanks
  2. Timothy Moore

Timothy Moore New Member

I know this is a really old post, but I just purchased a 87 44SS that has no bow rail.
    Where can I find one??
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Finding a bow rail is going to be a hard wish. In Jacksonville, our metal fab guy makes them. Usally all welded, to your required height and shape. You may have one of these kids in your hood.
    It is a few bux more than you purchasing the tubing, fittings, hardware, bender and your labor, but an all welded rail setup will be stronger and resell better.
  4. 45SS

45SS Member

There's got to be somebody near you that builds towers and t tops that can weld one up for you. Won't be cheap though.
  5. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Call Marine Connection Liquidators in Ft Pierce, FL. 772-465-6460 as they have hundreds of bow rails from 30' to 70 ' sport boats. I had a bow rail removed from a 60 ft Viking convertible in a yard in Stuart FL. and that's where it ended up. Shipping something like this would be an interesting proposition though. I would figure that it would have to be cut for shipping and then welded back together and weld polished
  6. WrenchHead41

WrenchHead41 New Member

Old post... but I'm removing my bow rail on my 87 44ss.