Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service

43 Post Engine remove question

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Djtalon dj, Jan 17, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Djtalon dj

Djtalon dj New Member

Can the engines be removed through the back door of the 43 POST? Curious as i am looking at one and in case of catashophic failure what the options are. In frame rebuild or remove and get long block from J&T

thanks
  2. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

Yes to both. I installed new cylinder kits years ago and the engine didn't have to be moved at all. Enough room under the engine to drop the pan and replace. I also had a catastrophic freak cam follower failure that put a hole in a block. Engine came out through the door. I don't think you will find a boat with better access to systems (at the expense of interior room but a big engine room). Very few things are installed and then built over. I would say the shower stall is probably the only thing that can't come out without cutting it apart. Years ago someone posted here that they were able to remove the fuel tanks through the salon and not cut the cockpit. I was happy to hear that.