Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno

42 Post v. 41 Hatteras

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Echomajik, Apr 14, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Echomajik

Echomajik New Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to this forum and have read through a lot of your posts and know the following sea topic has been covered quite extensively. However, I'm currently looking to purchase a 1978 Post 42' and wondered if anyone can give me a comparison to the older ('65-''70) 41' Hatteras? I've spent a lot of time at the helm of a '68 Hatt and know it requires attention. Also, familiar with some downeast hulls that aren't overly friendly in a following sea. I know all boats have a trade off, just looking for actual comparison, what to expect, etc.
    Thanks
  2. shawn

shawn New Member

Two old warhorses!! I have a 77 42, I have not ridden on a 41 hatt but I have to beleave with the deep keel and the weight your are going to track better. They both will take a good head sea, following seas the Post will skid unless you have the tabs up and some weight in the aft. The Post check the aft fuel tank for declamation on the top if it is a steel tank. The Post is going to have more room inside, they're both good boats. That's my two cents!!!

Shawn