Click for Mag Bay Click for Northern Lights Click for Walker Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn

2016 Palm Beach Boat Show Aerial Pics...

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by YachtForums, Mar 19, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

2016 Palm Beach Boat Show Aerial Pics

After leaving an AIM party following the 2016 Palm Beach Boat Show on Friday night, I stopped to talk with David Dubois who was taking some night shots from DJI Phantom. He was kind enough to offer the following shots for YF members to enjoy. Breaking our own rules, I'm uploading these pics at 2400 pixels for anyone who wants to download them and zoom in. For our less experienced users, left click on the pic to open, then right click to download it to your destination folder. The first shot is high above Quadrille Street, looking south over the show and downtown Palm Beach.

Enjoy the four-bladed bird's eye view!

Carl

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

The next shot is from show center, looking east over Palm Beach Island...

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

This shot is looking north over Palm Beach Island and the Quadrille bridge...

Attached Files:

4. YachtForums

These night shots are spectacular considering it was a breezy night. It's tough to get good shots at night without a super stable platform. This pic is looking south over Flagler Drive in downtown Palm Beach...

Attached Files:

5. YachtForums

The final shot is looking south. The brightly lit dock at center is Michael Mahan's Worth Avenue Yachts display...

Attached Files:

6. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

99.8% of the yachts are white. I am pleased coloured hulls are not taking over.
  7. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Thanks Carl, for breaking the rules this time. I am sure it will save you many emails asking for larger versions.

Tarek,
    I am fine with white or colored hulls. In my opinion, It depends on the yacht. Some just look better with a bit of color. Your Targa for example, looked great with a bit of color, however, I can not picture the previous Fairline with other than a white hull. . I think much of it comes down to personal preferences.
  8. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Hmm, I wonder if we will get any FAA take down calls from this.
  9. Sea Gull

Sea Gull Member

Thanks for the great shot of my boat, which is visible in two of the images. We were not in the show, but docked at PHM just at the edge of the show.
  10. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Wow, that show has grown in the past few years! I recall having the largest boat ever in the show, at 145' in 2008!
  11. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I've talked to directly plus known others who have talked to a lot of people recently who have flown in for the Palm Beach show and did not come to the Miami show. These are primarily people who also come to the Fort Lauderdale show.

Now, I still think the Miami show is getting more traffic from Central and South America than the Palm Beach show, although I don't know how much of that they're getting. But a lot of people who fly in from Northern US to Fort Lauderdale fly it much more convenient and beneficial to come to the Palm Beach show versus Miami.
  12. RER

RER Senior Member

If I'm going to two out of three shows I'm leaving out Miami. No offense to any of you in Miami.

Great shots from above. I see a couple large sailboats at Palm Harbor. One of them in our former slip. Bottom edge of photo next to the power cat.
  13. RER

RER Senior Member

I can tell you the Ft Lauderdale show had A TON of Central and South American traffic.
  14. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I was just comparing Palm Beach and Miami. Fort Lauderdale is a given as getting traffic from everywhere.
  15. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

One of the coolest yachts was M/Y OKTO, an ISA built, 216-foot yacht. What you see here is the transom swimming pool glowing in red lighting flanked by dual staircases. OKTO charters up to 10 guests, and has a crew of 17. And if you have to ask how much, you probably can't afford her.

OKTO DSC_4040 2.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I agree and I did just that. Went to Lauderdale and Palm Beach. I couldn't believe how much Palm Beach has grown. Is it me or is the in the water section about 1/3 bigger?

I went on Friday and while there was good traffic it wasn't overly crowded. I went with an owner I work for yet bumped into another owner and wife that I work for and another owner and wife I work for were there as well on Friday. Sadly the two that were looking didn't find anything worthwhile and both cited going on several boats that smelled of sewage......and honestly it turned them right off.
  17. RER

RER Senior Member

Aw c'mon ...what's a half million or so per week between friends?

Nice photo. That's quite a camera.