Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno

2012 Miami Brokerage Show

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Loren Schweizer, Feb 17, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Hi CaptTom, More great work as usual! Thanks for the catalogue calibre shots!

I seem to be noticing more designs with darker superstructures like the grey topsides of the 92. Do the darker colors absorb heat and make it uncomfortable for the guests lounging or crew working on hotter surfaces?
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Wider Yachts most likely paid Lazzara an advertising fee for putting their banners on the Lazzara showroom.......Either that or they're good friends or reciprocating in some other way.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They were absolutely a late entry. I saw a few of them unloaded as well as a few other boats that were supposed to be in the Miami Show. I have pictures of them Friday morning, February 17th coming off of a ship and being unload in Port Everglades. Mind you, opening day of the Miami Boat Show was Feb. 16th. They have a stepped hull and surface drives and look like they should fly. Here is also a pic of the MXC that was late for the show as well.

Attached Files:

5. discokachina

Same issue with Streamline
    New Launch: MondoMarine 49M "Streamline II" - YachtForums.Com

Bilgin 40M
    Soft Launch: Bilgin 40-meter "M" megayacht - YachtForums.Com

Scorpion
    http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/sanlorenzo-yacht/16508-new-launches-sanlorenzo-launches-three-megayachts.html

Wider
    http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/general-yachting-discussion/18128-2012-miami-brokerage-show-6.html#post147009

and many more.

Any other YFers had any experience with heat from dark superstructures?
  6. carelm

carelm Senior Member

Capt Tom,

Many thanks for the great pictures. Regarding the Lazzara 92, is that strictly a one-off, or will those features (enclosed flybridge and extension) be incorporated into future models?
  7. discokachina

I emailed Lazzara and asked about the lower helm as an option. Rich Lazzara answered right away, "Regular option. If you want a lower steering station we will put one in. If not we don't."
  8. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Nice pictures as always. Thank you very much.

Seems the US market is still in a slow sales recovery. Hope it gets better for all.
  9. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

In my experience there is no difference in terms of interior, if that is what you mean? I suppose that the construction would have to be quite flimsy for any heat to affect the interior...

As for heating the decks,etc, I only had experience with topsides, and hull, so not having the decks themselves painted, although they are all teak, so they heat up the usual amount...

rgds!