Click for Mag Bay Click for Delta Click for Comfort Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross

2006 post 53

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by frank lunati, Apr 25, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. frank lunati

frank lunati New Member

can't find much info on these yachts... I'm looking for a viking, post or hatteras in the 50 foot size range... found a nice 53 post for sale in florida... I know the company went out of business which makes me a nervous... it has 1100 man's with 700 plus hrs.. anybody with this yacht or has experience with this yacht it would be great to hear from you.. thanks!!
  2. ESSRTEE8

ESSRTEE8 Member

I own a 2003 56. Great boat. The 53 hull is just a shortened 56. Can't say enough good things about the boat.
  3. frank lunati

frank lunati New Member

thanks! put an offer in on one, hopefully will be heading down to florida to check it out...
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

What part of FL?
    Can you post an ad?
  5. frank lunati

frank lunati New Member

not sure how to post the ad, but it's listed as 2006 post 53, fort myers.. your not gonna out offer me... are ya?? LOL let me know what you think....
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Naw

There is a Post in Jacksonville that will be listed soon. I was hoping this was it, but not.

I just Googled 2006 post 53, fort myers and there was the link to Stocks and Blonds.
    Pretty ship. Good luck.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  7. sigarn

sigarn Member

I own an 07 53 and I am very happy with it. I have Cats.

Be sure an have the Mans checked out very closely. They are good engines when maintained but can be very temperamental if not. Those engines will be due for a major 1000 hr service including aftercoolers and heat exchangers.

Get a good Man mechanic to survey them.
  8. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Hello sigarn
    Please open a new Post thread and tell us about your Cat's .
    I only know of MANs and mostly Detroits in the Post Yachts and would value your history of Cat operations and service.
    Was this a re-power? Factory? Details of service and how well they preform?

I'm an ole Bertram slob but luv these Post kids and their boats.

Thx, rc
  9. sigarn

sigarn Member

Done
  10. C team

C team Senior Member

I know of a 50' Post with Cat's. The current owner bought it from the original owner who ordered from Post with Cat's as an option.
  11. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The MAN 820's are a very good fit in the 50' Post, they cruise it 26-27 knots at 55 gph and they're quiet at cruise.
  12. C team

C team Senior Member

Good motors but very expensive to maintain. There is a nice 50' for sale in Virginia but it's close to the 1000 hour service. I hear you will need 30K or so just for this service!
  13. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

No, I just had a set of 1100 common rails done by a very good, but non dealer company and it came out to $16k to do everything. 820s are probably a bit more than common rails because I think injector pump and injectors get rebuilt on those at the 1000 hour service, but would guess $20k.
  14. C team

C team Senior Member

This Post has D2848 LE403 engines.
  15. Seth Fisher

Seth Fisher Member

I just purchased a 1999 50 P0st with MTU. Solid boat, small issues aboud...I can talk pricing if you'd like
  16. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

How is it that MANs need injector and injector pump re hold every 1000 hours but can go thousands of hours on original injectors and pumps? It's nuts...
  17. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The non common rails have a Bosch injector pump (that cuts out 1 bank of cylinders under around 1100 rpms) that if you don't rebuild every 1000 hours, they run VERY smokey. MAN calls for pulling the injectors on these and having them checked/rebuilt at the 1000 hour service as well as checking the injector pump, among other things.

Well it's just as nuts that MAN calls for all of the heat exchangers and coolers to be cleaned I think it's every 2 years on the common rails regardless of hours.

I believe when my customer had the 1000 hour service done on his Man 50' post it was either $24 or $26k.
  18. frank lunati

frank lunati New Member

so I'm just gonna vent a little.... after a couple days of negotiating for this 2006 post 53 a price I feel isn't a great deal is met... I take 2 days to think about it, my broker calls the owner back to make arrangements for me to go and see the boat and the broker says well put in the offer again cause I think the owner may want more.... WTF??!! really?? he can keep the boat and I'll check back in 6 months....
  19. sigarn

sigarn Member

To be honest, that boat is a bit overpriced based on the listing if it's the one in ft myers. Did your broker present resent sales comps to the seller? Unfortunately if you are a buyer, it's a bit of a sellers market now. I know several brokers and they all say that well priced boats in good condition are moving quickly, and the ones that are not either have something wrong or are over priced. Maybe the guy will come around, as I doubt buyers are lined up for it. It can be a frustrating process for sure.
  20. frank lunati

frank lunati New Member

not alot of 53's to comp to... but this one was bought by it's present owner for 650 in 2014, since then he put 100k into it... even if he really put 25k into it I still feel our original agreed upon price of 650 is probable 25-50 above what it will eventually sell for.. I missed out on 2 overpriced Vikings that sold fast... crazy sellers market right now... if you get a chance take a look at the 2000 post 50 in rhode island... every thing replaced including motors... makes me a little nervous when everything has been replaced..... but it looks pretty nice