Click for Walker Click for Cross Click for Perko Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder

2003 SeaHorse Pilothouse in Ft Lauderdale

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by dennismc, Nov 1, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Generally speaking aht is the opinion on the overall quality of these builders ??

LOA: 52 ft 0 in
    Beam: 15 ft 6 in
    Minimum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
    Dry Weight: 44000 lbs

Engines
    Total Power: 740 HP

Engine 1:
    Engine Brand: Cummins
    Engine Model: 6BTA
    Engine Type: Inboard
    Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
    Drive Type: Direct Drive
    Engine Power: 370 HP
    Engine 2:
    Engine Brand: Cummins
    Engine Model: 6BTA
    Engine Type: Inboard
    Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

That is so un-Seahorse in some ways. 740 hp when they normally put 300 hp in that size boat. Also, the boats they've built their name on are all steel boats and the 52 is fiberglass.

Therefore, I don't think our knowledge of the builders will be a lot of value. We mostly know the builders as builders of steel full displacement boats. Every owner I know of a Coot or a Diesel Duck is very happy.

They say they've built 31 of their 52' model. While I've heard nothing bad about this particular boat, I think you really have to treat it like you would a one of a kind. I respect Seahorse as a brand, but I think that can only carry a small bit over to this specific boat. You might talk to Seahorse directly about how this boat came about being built as it is.

Now as to the model, one criticism that has been commonly made is the small size of the cockpit. That's why some got it lengthened in build to 54'. The forward deck it very typical Seahorse with the storage which can make a very nice seat with some cushions added. The bridge is nicely done although not large due to the tender storage. Still nice though.
  3. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Tks OB good info to start with.