Click for Perko Click for Comfort Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums

2002 Offshore 48 Fuel Tank problem

Discussion in 'Offshore Yacht' started by bluemarmi, May 11, 2009.

1. bluemarmi

bluemarmi New Member

Hi,

I can't seem to pull fuel from my 4 tanks evenly.
    There are so many valves between the 4 tanks, I can't figure it out.
    Some tanks will run dry while others remain full, and even overflow out the waste gate.
    HELP!
  2. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

I hope they aren't really overflowing out the wastegate!:eek:

It sounds like you have figured out how to draw fuel from a tank or two but haven't switched the return to the tank in use. The system probably looks a lot more complicated than it really is and it will be worth your time to trace the lines out and make a drawing of the fuel system. That knowledge will save you considerable grief sometime in the future.

It really isn't all that difficult, just uncomfortable and confusing until you get a grasp of things. Start at one end or the other and keep at it until it makes sense. If you have a friend with some mechanical skills to help it woud be a lot faster and he or she can explain how and why it is made the way it is.

Good luck
  3. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I use the services of a guy in Newport Beach to take care of a small boat we have there. He was previously the engineer on a 145' M/Y and I'd be happy to send you his contact details if you'd like. I've been very happy with him.