Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger

2001 56 Ocean SS

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by jlresq, Oct 30, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jlresq

jlresq New Member

I have been able to source the potentiometer from a place in New Jersey. Thanks for all of the help. I intend to call them back and ask if they may have a precut (including holes for the lights) acrylic ceiling mirror for my day head. I know it is a long shot but I want to get that project going over the winter.
  2. jlresq

jlresq New Member

It seems as if the starboard speaker in the starboard aft corner of the salon is shot. It appears to be in the wall behind a fabric covering. Does anyone know how to access the speaker to replace it? Does the wooden side panel come off or the fabric corner piece?
  3. jlresq

jlresq New Member

One of the red idiot lights on the bridge for the bilge pumps and genset is out. It happens to be the one for the genset. Does anyone know whether this is a 12v LED or 120 v LED and what size it is? I 'd like to replace it.
  4. Controlled Chaos

Controlled Chaos New Member

Hello to all...it's been awhile since visited the site. Its really appreciated all the info and input you guys volunteer.

I had the same mushiness, my ram was leaking and had air in the system. Bought a ram seal kit. However, I removed the ram but had the work done professionally, wanted it pressure tested. And Tony - Fishing Boats Unlimited in Costa Mesa, CA. Did a great job and price was reasonable to me. $170 labor.

I installed the ram and bled the system, no mush and about 5 turns lock to lock.

BTW, I had the same issue trying to find out how the fuel gauges worked. Still gotta find out what's my total capacity. I have 5 tanks. Physically, measured the engine compartment Port and Stbd tanks 334 gallons each. Now come the uncertainty. My manual says I have three tanks, which I dont. And, 860 total gallons...that would mean that wing tanks and day tank would total 200 gallons. However, the previous owner has a cat drawing indicating from OY, wing tanks are 105 and day tank is 198...so I need to physically(some how) measure the 3 tanks...Im in some where between 860 or 1075! I'm going to run the engine saddle tanks dry and see if the stbd gauge (which is always full) moves. I thought that the Stbd gauge was for the STBD saddle tank...Sounds a bit screwy! Why not have 3 gauges? Saddle (2) and day(1).

Hope someone can shed some light!

Carlos

PS/ the lady is a 2001 52SS w/ 3406e - 800hp
  5. Controlled Chaos

Controlled Chaos New Member

I have 3 bilge red led 12v and 1 green led 120v...I have replaced one of the 12v but it was an Ancor and not the same dia as the others. Its a future project to change all to same dia.