Click for Mulder Click for MotorCheck Click for Northern Lights Click for Mag Bay Click for JetForums

1997 350 Mariner... Canvas and Carpet

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by twofivegulf, May 17, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. twofivegulf

twofivegulf New Member

Hello All... Does anyone know of a source for replacement canvas and flybridge carpet. I would like direct replacements from Carver but my local dealer is now closed. I have left a few messages at corporate but have not received a reply. Thanks - Dave
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Canvas and Carpet should be amongst the easiest items to obtain other than from OEM Sources.

There are many fine Canvas shops that can take your old one if you have it and make a new one or make you one right from scratch, a lot of them can also deal with Carpets for a boat that size.
  3. twofivegulf

twofivegulf New Member

Thanks. - Dave
  4. sanjuandreamer

sanjuandreamer New Member

Lets suppose it did'nt come with one?
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

If this is the case, the Canvas/Carpet guys should be able to come along to your boat and do some measuring and make a template from heavy paper which they can then use to make the piece required.
  6. sanjuandreamer

sanjuandreamer New Member

Thanks. In my last boat I created a template, cut the carpet and had a upholstry shop add the boarder. I can do it again.
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Absolutely. You'll save the cost of measuring. However, if the finished product is wrong you'll have to eat the cost of retro-fitting or starting from scratch making the cheap expensive. Some canvas shops may also refuse to use your measurements for fear of trouble down the line.