Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno

1995 50' Convertible engine instruments

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by Bglad, Nov 21, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bglad

Bglad New Member

Looking for VDO spinlock type replacement gauges for subject vessel. Any0ne bought before and know which product line. Looks like spinlock comes loose then gauges rotate and pull out of dash from the back. Clear face of gauge measures 1.85". Need temperature and drive oil pressure. Will be trying Viking CS tomorrow. Thanks!
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Try Lauderdale Speedometer in Fort Lauderdale, they are a VDO dealer and have a lot of NOS VDO gauges like you're looking for.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Forgot about these guys. Other than an old VDO catalog, Liquordale Speed O is a great resource.
    ,rc
  4. Bglad

Bglad New Member

Thanks guys. Think I found something that will work on Defender. Onyx line with a removable bezel (see attached). Ordered one to test fit. Will try the place in Lauderdale if it doesn't work out.

Attached Files:

5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I believe the new VDO gauges have a 4" face and the old ones like you had were slightly larger like 4 3/8" and that you have to get a bezel made for them to cover the larger hole out of black plexi or similar material.
  6. Bglad

Bglad New Member

I have ordered a VDO Viewline Onyx type to verify the fit. It is a standard 2 1/16" diameter and has a removable bezel. The Viking panel uses the part you see on the outside as the bezel then a board mounted just inside where the gauges attach using spinlock fittings. As long as the rim of the lens on the new gauge is 1.85" diameter it will fit in the existing panel face.

7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The smaller gauges are the same size, it's the tachometers that are not and what I was refering to.
  8. Bglad

Bglad New Member

The tach lens measures 3.87" without bezel. Hopefully that matches up with new if we need it. Thanks for your comments.