Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Delta

1988 President 35 SunDeck - pondering...

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by dcboater, Apr 24, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. dcboater

dcboater New Member

Newbie here so I hope I am posting in the correct forum.

I have been out of boating for about 5 years due to a move and a career change and am now ready to get back into the foray. I have a few friends that own 41 Presidents (and are very pleased) and I have just found a 1988 35 President SunDeck with VERY low hours on her Lehman 225s.

The build quality seems good (not great) and she appears to have been under cover most of her life. The boat has averaged only 15 hours per year of use, 280 hours on her mains and under 200 on her 8 kw Northern Lights Gennie.

My request is this --- does anyone have any past experience with a President 35 SunDeck ? Is she tender, i.e., subject to rolling ? I intend to have a full survey, haul-out and sea-trial after making an offer but I want to be proactive in my research before making that said offer.

I've been burned before --- spending money on a survey --- only to find hull problems, unacceptable levels of moisture, etc., only to end up having to back out of the deal.

I intend to contribute to the forum --- just very glad that I have found it !

Cheers ! :D