Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights

1982 Bertram 46 HIN

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by Hkalan, Sep 3, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Hkalan

Hkalan Member

Hello,

There is no documents onboard. Only record I found was the receipt from last October, when it was last out of the water for new anti-fowling.

Only thing that has an actual number plate attached to it on the vessel, are the 2 engines that I am told are the original. Bertram does not have a database to cross-reference the engine serial numbers to a HIN. They can only provide information from a HIN.

Not looking good so far !

Alan
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

Okay. The original HIN is apparently a casualty of the hull extension. There's not an old USCG official number anywhere in the bilge. And there's nothing in any log book, registration papers or other records aboard the boat.

The boat left the Bertram factory over 30 years ago, since then it's had a major modification and it now lives half way around the world. So, what is the HIN going to do for you?
  3. Hkalan

Hkalan Member

Hello,

With the HIN, I am able to get some foundation of what she started with, see what has been changed from that, and put her back to the condition that is good for all !!!

Everything has a starting point, and when all else seems hopeless, we can always go back to square one, and move forward again ! Thus the HIN is square one !!!

Alan
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Well, you already have that;

Unless you need the pencil impression or a picture of the hin, you have what you need, hull 30, year 82.
    It's not like a vin for your car that includes the color code, trim package, engine and rear ratio.
    The "B" may mean something, M either for marine or molded.
    BERR is the mfg i d code. 00 is the first two digits that make the 4 digit hull number. Yours id 30 or 0030.
    your hin IS BERR0030M82B. Mine is just like that, any old Bert owner out there can tell you his is near that also.
    Oh, the dash and 3 more numbers were hull length & beam, witch has changed anyway and not on every hin I have seen on vintage rear ends (there was that red-head,,,,).
  5. Yachtjocky

Yachtjocky Senior Member

Hin

FYI,

BER is the MIC, (manufacturers identification code), not BERR.

Examples:

BERP0240M84B for a 46 motor yacht
    BERP0948C86C for a 46 convertible ;)
  6. Hkalan

Hkalan Member

Hello,

I took my vessel over to Macau today, and met a gentlemen that has an Identical Bertram.

His HIN first 6 digits are BEP02, just as you have wrote.

Thanks so much !!!!

Your help has been wonderful !

Alan
  7. Yachtjocky

Yachtjocky Senior Member

Hin

FYI:

Bertram uscg mic is BER and not BEP:cool: