Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder

1980 46' post sliding door & ladder help

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Matt46post, Apr 27, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Beau

Beau Senior Member

I think I may have unintentionally hi-jacked this thread. I hope Carl can straighten this out??
  2. C team

C team Senior Member

Realistically, I don’t see Post (Worton Creek Marina) ever building a new boat. With the high cost involved in such a project, I would think the prospective new boat buyer would be looking at other options such as Weaver Boat Works, F&S Boats, Paul Mann, and a host of others instead of a Post. I also personally know skilled workers who have since left Worton Creek Marina and moved on since no boats are being built.
  3. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

That is a good point too. Those are proven manufacturers.
    It is sad news to hear that skilled employees have left the yard.
  4. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Agree with all that has been said. It will be unlikely that we see a new hull #1 anytime soon. I understand the expense etc, but from a sales strategy, that have to have one boat to show what they can do. Very few prospective clients will buy off "plans". This is an old name in new hands, so they don't have a record showing what they produce. But I am glad they are responding. I've always believed there is a niche business opportunity serving existing Post owners with parts and info.
  5. PtJudeRI

PtJudeRI Senior Member

Agreed, and if they can do it well (service the Post owner base); there is good money in it as well. Of course, when I was getting quotes to repaint my boat, they were by far the highest price that came in; so they didnt get that gig either...
  6. C team

C team Senior Member

Good point. A buddy of mine went there for a paint estimate too and they were the highest. He took his boat to another shop who did the job.
  7. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Worton Creek Marina painted my Hatteras around 15 years ago for the previous owner. FWIW she still sparkles and looks great. It is my understanding that their painter who did my boat is no longer there.

They need to bite the bullet and build a stock boat. Short of finding an angel, there's really no other way forward that I can imagine.