Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Glendinning Click for Walker

1965 48' Alum Roamer Purchase

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by 1965Roamer48, Mar 14, 2017.

1. 1965Roamer48

1965Roamer48 New Member

Been lurking around these forums for the last 10 years dreaming about having my own and finally pulled the trigger. Always had small center consoles, so I've got a lot to learn. (don't worry I'm not going to just jump aboard by myself and start cruising) Figured I'd say hi and start learning what to look out for on this model.
    She is currently in Fort Myers, FL area, but will be moving to Clearwater once she is prettied up.

I might have been a bit impulsive here, but I just loved the look/layout of this Roamer.

She was sold previously on here about 8 years ago:

http://www.yachtforums.com/threads/...um-roamer-1965-sold-thanks-yachtforums.11364/

Mechanically she is sound (now 600 hours on the diesels), needs exterior paint, and very light cosmetic work inside. She looks basically the same minus the carpet which is now vinyl plank everywhere except the original teak. I'm hearing prices of around 10k for paint top to bottom.

I figured this was the best place to ask her realistic value in today's market. (And yes, I know it's worth however much you can get someone to pay :)
  2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

..., ah, that's "Never Enough" - probably one of the best outfitted (read capable) 48s out there,...., previously docked across the Potomac River here in Virginia (2 miles from my house).
    How in earth did she end up in Florida one wonders.
    Re-painted (you know she needs it) and spruced up a bit (change those carpets) she'll easily commands 100K or more.
    In any case, know this: n-e-v-er e-n-o-u-g-h!!!