Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Furuno Click for Perko

RSS Feed?

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by lwrandall, Aug 18, 2009.

1. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

Hey Carl

Not sure where to put this question. Have you ever thought of having a RSS feed for the forum? This would be great when I want to check out whats happening on the site when using my iPhone or when reading through my other RSS subscriptions on my RSS reader such as Net News Wire or Google Reader.

You are thinking, "Great, more work for me to do.":rolleyes:
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

LOL! We actually have an RSS feed for the latest posts, but I disabled the module and included a "New Posts" link on YF's NavBar instead. There's a reason I chose this config, but it's best not to discuss it publically. If you are asking about an external RSS for news around the web, yes... this is something I've carefully considered. In the end, "we" (that includes you, me and every contributing member to YF) have spent an inordinate amount of time and money creating a resource that attracts people from all over the web looking for information on yachts. To divert the traffic we generate to other websites wouldn't be prudent.

Gotta catch a flight to WI at 11:00 AM. Have a good week everyone! :)
  3. lwrandall

lwrandall senior member

I'm just full of ideas to make more work for you. Then how about a mobile optimized version? This would work great for mobile phone but also would work well for traveling yachts who want to conserve as much bandwidth as possible.

Image this... Standing in line at your favorite grocer check out and instead of picking up the latest rag and reading about aliens impregnating Angelina Jolie, we could be reading about the latest happenings in the world of yachting.:)

Just a thought... Enjoy
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Hey, I missed the news about Angelina. Was too busy checking YF. Did they impregnate Brad too?;)