Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Delta

Anyone own any Exotic cars?

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by zeeshan66, Aug 13, 2009.

1. zeeshan66

zeeshan66 Guest

Just curious to see how many yacht enthusiasts on the boards also own exotic cars....chime in what you got hidden in your garages guys?
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Your request may want some expansion as exotic cars to some might mean Mercedes to others it might mean an early model side valve banger
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

My garage used to have a 1969 Triumph Bonniville 650 and a 900 Honda Custom (shaft drive, 10 speed). Not overly exotic but fun. These days it just has a John Deer.:eek:
  4. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Segway

I'm rolling a Segway these days.

My wife, on the other hand, is driving a Cayene Turbo S and a Mecedes E320 Bluetec
  5. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Does a 1963 Land Rover 88" canvas top wagon with no side windows sound exotic enough?

$650 and she's yours.......OK $500 and take it away but clean up the oil patch when you leave.

I also had a Honda 900 custom (the same colour as Ed's) two-tone dog-doo brown with a slightly lighter golden doo-doo brown.

K-lassie brown I think they called it. :D
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Ah no, mine was burgundy with a black Veta fairing and trunk. Loved that bike.
  7. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Ah, did you ever get a full grown billy-goat stuck between the forks and the downpipes at 30mph on a dirt road? Everything went brown for a moment or two. :eek:

I used to work in garage were we sold and serviced Porsche, Audi, Bentley, Aston Martin and other Latin exotica. The Astons were my favourites to drive but my heart is still with Alfa Romeos (the 5th one has now gone).
  8. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Not sure if Hondas qualify as exotic, but here's my 1997 Acura NSX. Bought it almost 3 years ago with 12,000 miles. Today it has 15,000. This is the 3rd NSX for me, in red no less. It hibernates in my warehouse and rarely comes out to play. Apparently, I'm preserving it for the next owner... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

If rear-mounted, flat-six, aluminium, air cooled engines are exotic, I have two..:)

The 1966 Corsa is like new and the 1997 Porsche 993 S is not bad either...

Attached Files:

• Cars.jpg
      Cars.jpg
      File size:
      51.8 KB
      Views:
  10. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

I drive a design classic. the pinnacle of functionality; a 7 seat Volvo 960 Estate in the Pullman version which was exclusively sold in Switzerland. :D
    You have to be a total Volvo nerd to appreciate this one of course.;)
  11. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Just adopted this E-500, not sure if it is exotic..

[​IMG]
  12. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

Do you ship internationally?

Currently down to one "exotic" project (somewhere between classic and as exotic as American iron gets) - a 1970 Boss 429 Mustang in the course of slow restoration. A handful of my brothers' motorcycles populate the space in the garage which should be filled by another machine emblazoned with the Cavallino Rampante, though the right one has not yet been found.
  13. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

72 E-type V12 coupe...
    daily driver, not a trailer queen... at last count i had driven it to/thru 45 states over the past 9 years ( the pic below was taken in Idaho...)

Attached Files:

14. travler

travler Senior Member

if older muscel cars count i have a few left , and a alpina as a daily driver ,any body going to montery ca for the car show this week end and next week

keep your nose up in the turns travler
  15. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

You must have a secondary car to this, right? Let me guess... a tow truck! :D

Seriously, that's amazing. Through the years, I've heard reliability was sketchy on these cars, but you just put the rumors to rest. Good on ya Pascal!
  16. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

That, fine sir, is epic! :eek:

Do all the well known Lucas jokes still apply, or has three and a half decades finally ironed out the glitches? :D
  17. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

2 summers ago in East Hampton I saw a beaut, but in convertable. A major brain trust thought that right next to it would be a good place to offload a Jeep wagon from a flatbed. He drove it off the side and right on top of it.:eek:
  18. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Exotica not, but addictive, reliable and quick.

Attached Files:

19. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

If you want to know how to keep a Jag running for 30 years, I would recommend Knowles-Wilkins, www. kwcars.com.

They take old Jags apart and then put them back together properly. I think I heard that they are doing a project of putting a 2-door old XJ coupe body on a modern XJR supercharged V8 chassis, now that sounds like fun.
  20. strat57

strat57 Member

I'm not sure you could consider these exotic.... however, I certainly do enjoy speed! Besides, I just can't justify owning exotic cars like Porsche, Ferrari, or Ford GT's that sit in the garage or only get out for a spin at 70 or 80 MPH on rare occasions.

Anyway, here's a few pics of of my pavement toys. I say if it's capable of 160MPH then drive it 160 MPH! The first is a 360 ci., mechanical fuel injected pavement sprint car and the second is a TQ midget that uses a Honda 750 CC with an 836 CC kit with Lectron carbs working on a similar principal as fuel injection.

Both cars have no starter, clutch or transmission and must be put in gear and then pushed off. Both run on methanol and have dry sump oiling systems.

The sprint is capable of 160 or there about at the end of the straights on a 1/2 MI. high banked oval while the TQ will approach 110 at the end of the straights on a 1/3 or 3/8 MI. high banked oval. Certainly enough to get the adrenaline flowing.

While I used to drive... those days have passed due to health. But I do still have a need for speed so I included a pic or two of our scoots too..... (the Deluxe is the wife's!) Sorry I just couldn't resist! Nothing like the breeze in your face unless it's on the open water! Right?! :)

Attached Files: