Click for Northern Lights Click for Comfort Click for Delta Click for Walker Click for Abeking

Lars Modin Design II

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by AMG, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Lars Modin Yacht Design
    Strandgatan 5
    SE-185 32 Waxholm, Sweden
    +46 (0)8 541 33 44 5

This is a new thread after the first have got 170 posts and today passed 10.000 views!

As before I will show the most recent and sometimes even older designs I have made. The members of YachtForums are of course welcome with comments or questions on the designs, right here or as a Private Message.

/Lars

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  2. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Oh yes... an episode of a wonderful series...

The yacht has a nice color. But it's very expensive on a yacht in this size ;)

I look forward to see some new wonderful designs, Lars!

By the way, 5.000 of the 10.000 views on the last Modin Design thread was clicked by me ;) :D :rolleyes: (This little joke want to say how I like (or must I say love?) your designs) :)
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks René, you are a good support... ;)

The colour of this 500´yacht is metallic, but not chameleon, why it is not too hard to maintain and fill in after a scratch. But it has a price to stay on top! :)

/Lars
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The Cherry on the cake...

As the smallest sister in the range of three TRY Explorer Catamarans I have now made a 100-footer. With high tunnel clearance for long distance ocean cruising and a raised wheelhouse, she is a pretty capable and spacious yacht as well.

Below are all three and I guess they would end up as 30, 40 and 50 m long.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

"As Time Goes By"...

...another title from the Twenties, "Misty" is up for a refit... ;)

In a quest for perfection I found that this design could be improved a little, which again extended her to 86 m (280´). Now in the same league as the legendary yacht Nabila (now Kingdom 5KR), she is on the limit for many ports why the helipad is made to recieve heavy helicopters and the main tenders can be up to 50 feet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  6. schnibbelfitz

schnibbelfitz Senior Member

Hey Lars,

once again a very nice design. I hope that one of these days, an owner comes up to you and buys one of your design. That would be very nice!

Good work!

Olli
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks Olli,

Many yacht buyers are not aware that they can get the whole yacht built and delivered by just contacting the designer, but if we tell them, it might well happen! :)
    /Lars

(Here is the 122 m / 400 feet Double Bling)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

A N E M O N E 80m / 262´

Here is a new contemporary yacht with a good interior volume. With an expedition style bow and two dry stacks each side she has got a distinct, still pretty timeless profile. Could be powered for cruising at 16 knots or with a modified hull up to 30 knots.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

R O N D O 135´/ 41 M

Another variation on my Cat design. This time a trideck monohull expedition style yacht, with a full-beam master stateroom forward on main deck. Below is either one VIP and two double staterooms or four duoble. Aft engine room and a tender garage.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2005
  10. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

C A P - F E R R A T 30 M / 100´

A new version of the 100 feet Day Racer/Venetian. This time with an enclosed wheelhouse/saloon and an open forward cockpit. Nice for daytrips along the coast and with accommodations for six in three cabins plus crew.
    Cruising speed 35 knots, top speed 50+ knots with waterjets.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  11. newbee

newbee New Member

This is an interesting design. Time for a dumb question; "dry stacks" what are they and why are they desireable?

What PAX/crew configuration do you think is best suited to this design?
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Dry stacks is where the exhausts are going out separated from the cooling water and now often with catalytic converters and particle filters. Usually exhausts are going out in the waterline together with the cooling water from the engines heat exchangers, which is both for sound dampening and to cool the mufflers. But this creates some soot in the sea and is not very nice or not even allowed in many places any longer, why the dry stacks will probably be the future solution for all bigger yachts. Many yachts have it already, but in the past you got the unfiltered soot from funnels falling down on deck and this is why it has been led down in the water instead.

However, my hot-rod style pipes will not be the most common design I think... :cool:

As to pax, it is up to you. But I would think no more than 36 anyway.
  13. newbee

newbee New Member

Is the falling soot issue why the dry stacks are located aft? What did you have in mind for the upper deck area forward from the stacks?
  14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hopefully there is nothing falling from these and the position is straight above the engine room. But still you will have fumes and to get them out on the sides aft must be the best. The shape of the tips of the pipes is to get less turbulence so the exhausts should continue upwards, at least in my theory... ;)

The sun deck is with a spa, jacuzzi and you can call it an observation lounge.

I was thinking of having two elevators positioned one under each radar arch. The forward for crew and the aft for guests.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  15. newbee

newbee New Member

It is a very nice design.
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Landaulette 32

As a reflection on the pouring rain here in Sweden, I have made a new version of an older design, now with a hard top followed by an electric or manual convertible of the same type as in cars.

Attached Files:

17. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Landaulette 33

After a week it is still raining and I decided to make a third version of the Landaulette. Now extended another feet and with a fixed hardtop with an electric sunhatch. To enter is a ditch where a setup of glass doors open up the interior.
    There is a reason why the old Bertram HT:s are still popular boats in our waters...

Attached Files:

18. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

I'm another one of those that keeps coming back countless times to your designs. :)

The "expedition bow" of Anemone gives the vessel a certain stance. Not sure of how to describe it but many yachts seem to have a look that conveys "I'm pretty and I sit at the dock at Monaco and wouldn't actually want to go to sea, perish the thought".
    Anemone says " Yes I'm beautiful, but I belong out on the ocean, bring it on".
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks Codger, I wish that more yacht buyers were thinking the same.. ;)

And as always, my best yachts are still waiting to be designed!

/Lars
  20. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

B L I N G - B U B B L E

Maybe some of you have seen this on the picture of the 400 feet Double-Bling earlier in this thread? But anyway, here is a blow-up of this transparent sat-dome.

Those big white mushrooms are not always nice to see and it might also be interesting to see how the dish is moving around to catch the satellite?

Beyond that I think the whole dome can be inside illuminated at night with prismatic cosmic colors changing slowly?

When you think of it, you don´t even have to build the biggest yacht to get the most attention in port any longer!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.