Click for Alexseal
Click for Nordhavn
Click for DeAngelo
Click for Westport
Click for Cape Scott
Click for Cheoy Lee
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > YACHT DESIGNERS > Yacht Renderings & Plans > Lars Modin Design II

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

Closed Thread

Lars Modin Design II

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2005, 05:57 PM   #91 (permalink)

I was wondering about the origin of your AMG username
Old 09-17-2005, 04:31 AM   #92 (permalink)

Thumbs up classical lines

For me one of the best MercedeS designs is the MERCEDES PAGODE this type of lines is infinite the people going and they come and there it is he still look for us it sounds to Mozart, Bach, Beatles, Vivaldi, Beethoven (1770-1827).
Old 09-17-2005, 05:39 AM   #93 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG
We were talking of creating a true AMG boat some time ago. (AMG as in Mercedes specially tuned cars). This fast cruiser should fit pretty well as an AMG I think, a sporty sedan, a comfortable superyacht tender or a weekender for getting away from it all.

She is 40 feet and 40 knots would be a nice cruising speed...
Very nice boat !!
Could be cool with a SLK canopy top too..
Or as a Venetian Maybach Styled Limo...
Old 09-17-2005, 05:46 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG
We were talking of creating a true AMG boat some time ago. (AMG as in Mercedes specially tuned cars). This fast cruiser should fit pretty well as an AMG I think, a sporty sedan, a comfortable superyacht tender or a weekender for getting away from it all.

She is 40 feet and 40 knots would be a nice cruising speed...
Very elegant design; i'm having a bit of a problem with the front half of the window though, but i wouldn't know a solution either for it; it has to do with vertical lines and angled ones (bit of a translation problem here as well)
Old 09-17-2005, 06:59 AM   #95 (permalink)
Publisher/Admin

Simply amazing! You've achieved a modern, yet retro design with a touch of classic AND contemporary elegance. Very Nice Lars.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:22 AM   #96 (permalink)

Thumbs up Fish

The windows make me to remind the holes of a fish through where water is filtered.
The chestnut tree (Deck) makes me to remind a very independent spirit and simultaneously Bach and " coffee cantata " BMV 211 ...

The light on the bow makes to remind the zoom of the yellow submarine

Last edited by Ricardo Barroso; 09-18-2005 at 07:56 AM..
Old 09-18-2005, 10:12 AM   #97 (permalink)

Thumbs up

I may have spent too much time around hotrods, but I'd be tempted to move the helm/windshield aft a bit. Boy Lars, for a "2-D" drawing you sure came up with some sweet shading on the hull modeling!

Kelly
Old 09-18-2005, 10:42 AM   #98 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

Thanks Kelly!

Yes, to be a simple program it is still possible to get pretty nice renderings. This was made by mixing 4 colors in a gradient and then turn it some degrees...

/Lars
Attached Images
Old 09-18-2005, 10:47 AM   #99 (permalink)

Humm, 4 colors in one gradient! With Corel Draw I am limited to 2 colors. At least both colors can be any mix, plus I can set the "mid point" (gradient profile) where I want. And radial gradients are possible. But to cover 4 colors I would have to break the area into 2 separate fills. Which is doable, just more work.

Kelly
Old 09-18-2005, 10:51 AM   #100 (permalink)
Publisher/Admin

Windshield's add alot of character to a design and provide function as well, but in South Florida... windscreens are the equivilent of driving a car WITHOUT air conditioning. I understand the climate is different in other parts of the world and windcreeens add protection against the elements, i.e. cold air or rain, but... very few windscreens provide sufficient openings for good fresh air flow.

Express cruisers are among the most popular boats around. Sometimes, it appears that people buy them just because of their sporty looks, because they have a large amount of un-used deck space... and again, very little fresh air flow over the cockpit area. If they do have a windscreen with an opening, it's often not large enough to flush a mosquito out of the cockpit at 40 knots.

So here's an idea... why not make the front window flip forward to allow full fresh air flow.... and then be able to rotate another 180 degrees backwards, creating a visor/sun shade over the driver and passenger?

I'm not critiquing your design Lars. I LOVE this boat. But when I look at large runabouts and express cruiser types, the first thing that comes to mind is... this thing's going to be a sauna.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:51 AM   #101 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

I too can make radial gradients, but not curved, which would be super...

Are you sure you can not get more colors in? I have like a bar with one color each end, but then I can drop any color in between the two, just next to the bar. Try!
Old 09-18-2005, 11:01 AM   #102 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

Carl, I know exactly what you mean. I have had half a dozen boats where you can lift the windscreen from the bottom up, so that you get as much air as you want. On the hardtop version I guess an AC would work as well.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG

Are you sure you can not get more colors in? I have like a bar with one color each end, but then I can drop any color in between the two, just next to the bar. Try!
You might be able to make curved gradients in Corel Xara, (or just Xara, dont know how its called right now with all the takeovers..) .
Xara is a vector oriented programme where you can make beautiful curves VERY easy and after that you can then copy those and make curved gradients of em.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:47 PM   #104 (permalink)

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG

Sorry about hi-jacking your original topic Lars. So I have responded on another thread -

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/sh...6778#post16778

Kelly
Old 09-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #105 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

POWER-SAIL

This 46 m yacht-concept might be the future, despite the neo-classical styling.
Built with hightech materials and propulsion, maybe solar sails and electric pods...
Attached Images

Last edited by AMG; 09-24-2005 at 04:56 PM..
Closed Thread