Click for JetForums Click for Comfort Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

Best looking Launch of recent.

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by bloodybigboat, Apr 28, 2007.

1. bloodybigboat

bloodybigboat New Member

Ok so I haven´t specified a time on this but from an exterior styling point of view who likes what and why?? Im interested to know what the public opinion is......

I´m talking superyachts here mainly,

I myself find 'Ilona' by Redman Whitley Dixon a gorgeuos boat....'Phoenix' is also one of my fav boats. They are both quite similar I suppose but they carry an uncomplicated elegance thats not fussy.

I also must say I still love Pelorus!

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      47.2 KB
      Views:
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi, welcome to YachtForums. We have had similar threads in the past, but why not a new, it is always interesting to share opinions.

I can agree with you on Ilona, both innovative and beautiful. Pelorus is good for her size. Phoenix I would replace with Queen M, if I should comment on your selection... My favorites I´ll keep for a while...:)
  3. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

4. builderswatch

builderswatch New Member

Ilona has always been a favoite for me. Expedition yet sexy.
    Phoenix is a certainly a beautiful yacht. Although we have been asked not critique we should certainly make sea worthiness part of a vessels beauty. If a boat is not graceful at sea and only looks good at the dock is it really a work of art?
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

You are right, but this thread would stop right here if we include this criteria, as few of us have been using all of our favorite superyachts in reality.

There are several other considerations that should also be part of the equation if we should nominate the overall best and most beatiful yacht, like environmental issues, crew accommodation, ease of maintenance, port access, location of owners deck, tenders and heli access and what have you...

Let us just vote for styling and perhaps innovation on recent yachts to keep it simple..:)
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I was looking through the yachts from last year, and found only one that I really like. The 36 m Arcadia from my favorite shipyard, Royal Huisman. Not sensational at all, but a very nice yacht in a sensible size and built from Alustar aluminium. A design by Tony Castro that will last forever...:)

Attached Files:

7. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

Attached Files:

8. bloodybigboat

bloodybigboat New Member

Great response guys...its interesting to see how peoples opinions vary. I must agree with 'Arcadia' especially the beautifully shaped hull...a very nice and overall classic yacht.

There are a few others I like....Kogo appeals to me, although nothing new, i just like the overall package of the boat given its size etc, the hull colour is interesting as well. The interior is incredible also.

I also like Ability and a yacht thats grown on me recently is Ice. At first i wasnt a fan but her almost mirror hull against a deep blue sea looks amazing. Im proberly being won over by her Japanese inspired interior as well but it is a wonderful place.

Thanks for your comments
  9. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Another vote for Ability (CRN). Can we still call Pelorus "recent" at this point?

Kelly Cook
  10. bloodybigboat

bloodybigboat New Member

Well built in 2003 wasnt it? Still looks fresh and is indeed much loved so we may as well include it.
  11. Ben

Ben Senior Member

Tough to choose one as an absolute favorite, Ilona is certainly a contender, I like her clean, neat lines.

I'll add the Christensen 157 series......
    http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/christensen-yacht/6140-review-christensen-157-barchetta.html

The Feadship Callisto....
    http://www.yacht-images.com/modules...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Sarah from Amels...
    http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/amels-yacht/364-sarah-amels-yachts.html
    Which I think looks a bit like Lars's Anemone... http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/12941-post23.html

Honorable mentions go to Wedge Too (I actualy like her), the Palmer Johnson 120's, Rising Sun and half the Heesen fleet.
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi Ben, from your list I agree 100 percent on Sarah, she is by far the best from the house of Don Starkey. The "mini-Anemone" is not at all this good, but was a quick rendering...:eek:
  13. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

I agree with Carl about Amevi :rolleyes: . She is angular but rotound as well =).
    And she has a helipad.

But however I prefer sailing yachts. In that case: Red Dragon (x - African Queen) by Vitters. She has a absolutly perfect deck house. And for my eyes...very different than her design sisters.
  14. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Fair to say that there was a short "dry spell" between Ilona/Phoenix (04) and Amevi (06) ?

Kelly
  15. cordless

cordless New Member

If that's O.K, can we include one of my favorites Carinthia VII, can't remember which was launched first Carinthia or Pelorus.
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Both Pelorus and Carinthia VII are from 2002 so of course both will qualify...:)

Perhaps we can have an age limit of year 2000 or newer in this thread?

(Otherwise I would add Limitless...)
  17. cognac

cognac Senior Member

Twizzle: she's a Feadship(in my books that says it all) also she has full walk around decks which gives a different look.
  18. bloodybigboat

bloodybigboat New Member

'Sarah' certainly gets my vote...very sharp and sleek styling indeed. I also like her wide beam. Gives the yacht a strong, taught look as it sits on the water.

Good responses so far guys!

Oh and yes maybe we should just say from the year 2000 onwards?
  19. kalmeran

kalmeran Senior Member

Recent styling icons ?
    Arcadia !!!!!
    Skat (yes, that one....so consistent in style, whether you like her or not))
    Ecstasea

....and (sailing) Unfurled and Borkumriff/Meteor (all Huismans)