Click for Horizon
Click for Horizon
Click for McKinna
Click for DeAngelo
Click for Cape Scott
Click for Lurssen
Go Back   YachtForums.Com > YACHT DESIGNERS > Yacht Designers Discussion > Jon Bannenberg

Login to YachtForums
Username
Password

Jon Bannenberg

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian
When you say that the JB design is easy to distinguish, what design features are you thinking of?
Maybe I phrased it wrong, I mean they are all well known, but not the same. In fact they are quite different from each other if you compare to other designs.
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG
Maybe I phrased it wrong, I mean they are all well known, but not the same. In fact they are quite different from each other if you compare to other designs.
I see. Well of course his designs (most of them anyways) are well known. Carinthia VI (the one) for example, but there must be some sort of design elements or concepts that are repeated right? or is it more a case of him creating a few amazingly innovative yachts that alone changed the way other designers drew their yachts?
Octavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
SAB

Have a look at Oceanfast yachts (Australia) particularly from the mid 80's up till say mid 90's - JB had a big involvement. Go to Google- select 'images' and search for 'Oceanfast' - there you will see some further examples of the style of JB.
SAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB
Have a look at Oceanfast yachts (Australia) particularly from the mid 80's up till say mid 90's - JB had a big involvement. Go to Google- select 'images' and search for 'Oceanfast' - there you will see some further examples of the style of JB.
Thanks.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #20 (permalink)

Carinthia VI (the one) is considered to be among the most beautiful yachts made, but at the time she was completed (1973) she "scared the pants off people" as Dicke Bannenberg said. What design features made her so terrifying and howcome she is widely recognized as a yachting icon? what's so special about her?
Old 09-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

That was many questions. She was pretty big and not like ordinary white yachts to start with. Perhaps she is not the most beautiful yacht, but she really stands out and when you are close, you can see the finish and the details better. The blue perspex is one such detail.
Attached Images
Old 09-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #22 (permalink)

I see. So the innovative features were mainly her colour scheme and size, and not so much elements of her superstructure? And i agree, up close she is magnificent. (saw her in monaco this summer )
Old 09-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #23 (permalink)

Location: Live on the plains, nearest port I visit is Port Aransas
You might have come across this article in Power and MotorYacht magazine; also has a extensive list of his designs. I would also email Dickie Bannenberg, I've had good response from him.

[ Sorry, Can't fix the link for some reason, Do a search at Power and Motoryacht magzine's site and you should find it. ]
Ray23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #24 (permalink)

Hi,

As the article link is a non runner try putting power and motoryacht magazine jon bannenberginto a Google search and you will find a few
K1W1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
YF News Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray23
[ Sorry, Can't fix the link for some reason, Do a search at Power and Motoryacht magzine's site and you should find it. ]
There might be a reason why you can't fix that link.
Yacht News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

Hi,

Ray23- The Administrator and website Owner of Yacht Forums has chosen to disable the ability to post certain websites here.
K1W1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #27 (permalink)

paraiso

During the Cannes Boat show I had the chance to visit "Paraiso"; which as to my knowledge was the start of Bannenberg revolution. She is still in relatively good condition and awaiting the owner who would have the passion to care for her.

http://www.camperandnicholsons.com/s...yid/4627/st/1/

There are several good details in her design, but I have to admit that there are also several compromises in the space utilization in today’s standards.

She is still a very attractive lady though. I hope she finds a good home. By the way the present owners are very keen for a quick sale.
nilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #28 (permalink)

Location: Live on the plains, nearest port I visit is Port Aransas
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1W1
Hi,

Ray23- The Administrator and website Owner of Yacht Forums has chosen to disable the ability to post certain websites here.

Thanks, Just about have all the egg off my face now
Ray23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
AMG
YF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilo
I had the chance to visit "Paraiso"; which as to my knowledge was the start of Bannenberg revolution.
If not the start, so at least a part. She was built a decade later than Carinthia/The One, and was a twin sister to Azteca. Both aluminium constructions and built at the same time by the two Feadship yards, De Vries and Van Lent. Both were for the same Mexican owner who later built Eco, where Martin Francis reused some of the lines from the Paraiso design.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

Hi,

You possibly could look to the the yacht Cedar Sea, one of his early nice designs, also Feadship and Luerssen in the North of Germany did build more yachts from Jon Bannenberg!

Regards,

Maver,
The Netherlands
Maver is offline   Reply With Quote