Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service

License Question with Boat getting shipped to MED.

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Marblehead01945, Jul 25, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Marblehead01945

Marblehead01945 Member

All,
    I've been lurking on the list for some time and this is my first post to the list. Thank you all for such great information!

The owner of the boat I captain is toying with shipping his 38 foot Chris Craft Corsair to the Med for the winter. I have a USCG Masters license and obviously this doesn't mean squat over there from a legal perspective. This is not a charter boat, just a personal boat. What are the implications of me captaining the boat over there? Would this best be put to his insurance company? Should I obtain a different type of license? What are peoples thoughts and experience's with this situation?

Maybe on another thread we could discuss shipping boats to other places.

Regards to the list!
  2. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Your license is recognized worldwide. Imagine if mariners had to obtain a license for every country they were going to visit...
  3. Marblehead01945

Marblehead01945 Member

Thanks Ken!
    I guess I never thought of it that way. My drivers license is pretty much recognized anywhere so and I guess this is a similar situation.